U17 Al Ain Tournament

Neville Kneville said:
We are often easy to score against & concede some right crappy goals at every age group including the first team. It was the same in the last U16s tournament & v Reading last week & Liverpool on Sunday.

Improvement needed in that area, throughout the club, imo. It's one thing passing the ball nicely around the pitch, but you still have to defend properly, which we often don't & we make it easy for the opposition.

Completely agree. We need to be making players concentrate for 90mins. Keeping a clean sheet should be seen as just as good an achievement as scoring 3 or 4. It takes the edge off when sloppy goals are conceded from poor concentration or individual mistakes. The commitment to perfection needs to start early so each and every player steps out with the aim to win the game and not to concede.

Conceding goals at this level is part and parcel of developing a philosophy based on technical ability. Lumping it to avoid danger is a thing of the past. Stick with the philosophy and by the time some of these guys are ready for the first team we will be something to behold.

Seems we lost 1-4 to UAE. This means that the two teams we lost to succeded the group and we didn't, but i can't confirm this.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:58 pm --<br /><br />Seems we lost 1-4 to UAE. This means that the two teams we lost to succeded the group and we didn't, but i can't confirm this.

spinzer said:
Seems we lost 1-4 to UAE. This means that the two teams we lost to succeded the group and we didn't, but i can't confirm this.

-- Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:58 pm --

Seems we lost 1-4 to UAE. This means that the two teams we lost to succeded the group and we didn't, but i can't confirm this.
But which team? We are running 2 teams are we not?

oldius said:
Conceding goals at this level is part and parcel of developing a philosophy based on technical ability. Lumping it to avoid danger is a thing of the past. Stick with the philosophy and by the time some of these guys are ready for the first team we will be something to behold.

Defending properly has nothing whatsoever to do with lumping the ball & I have no idea why you think that anyone has suggested it.

If we defended properly, with discipline and intelligence, we would be winning every league & every trophy at every level, bar perhaps the Champions League.

The first team would be about 12 points clear of Liverpool if we didn't consistently fail in situations requiring elementary, easy, defending.

It is a vital part of football & the kids should be learning that just as much as everything else imo, ktherwise we will always be fodder for the Mourinhos etc to block us off & open us up.

Of course defending properly is part and parcel of the game. My point, though somewhat simplistically made, is that our young players are all being taught to use the ball from the back. At that level, while players develop, we will probably concede more goals than if we encouraged our defenders to spend less time with the ball.

Liverpool are (unfortunately) possibly the most current example of this. They looked very vulnerable at the back sometimes as their defenders dwelled on the ball. As they have become more comfortable, they have created more chances as defenders start to open up spaces for the midfielders to work in.

oldius said:
Of course defending properly is part and parcel of the game. My point, though somewhat simplistically made, is that our young players are all being taught to use the ball from the back. At that level, while players develop, we will probably concede more goals than if we encouraged our defenders to spend less time with the ball.

Liverpool are (unfortunately) possibly the most current example of this. They looked very vulnerable at the back sometimes as their defenders dwelled on the ball. As they have become more comfortable, they have created more chances as defenders start to open up spaces for the midfielders to work in.

I'm in total agreement with the philosophy of passing the ball out from the back & at youth level I have no problem with how many times they cock it up, so long as they are learning.

I do have a problem with the complete inability to accomplish an acceptable level of basic defending, & subsequent creation of easy chances for opposing players, usually totally against the run of play, which prevades all of our teams at every level.

Considering we sent 2 separate teams out there and I presume the 2 games I've seen results for were 1 from each team what exactly is happening out there?

Think the UAE won it. We were not in the top 3.

Al Hajeri Honors UAE U17 Team by AIFJC2014 H.E. Rashid Mubarak Al Hajeri, Al AIn FC board deputy chairman, honored UAE U17 football team by the title of AIFJC2014 after UAE team beat Kashiwa Reysol 4-2 in the final match played at Tahnoun bin Mohammed Stadium.
Zayed Scored Hatrick
UAE could make their late to win in the final match. Tatsyo Ito 19' scored for Kashiwa but UAE didn’t wait much to equalize by the championship top scorer Zayed Braik 23'. Later the Kashiwa GK by mistake couldn’t stop an easy pass from his defender colleague and scored in their net the second goal 38'. Zayed again scored for UAE the third goal 74', and the fourth as well 90'.

Gold for UAE
UAE U17 players were honored by the golden medals the AIFJC2014 cup and 55000 AEd prize. Kashiwa won the silver medals and 35000 AED while Al Ain U17 won the bronze medals and some symbolic prizes.

Best Referees
Honoring started by honoring the final match referees Yahia Al Mulla, referee, masoud Hassan, lineman, Talal Rashid lineman, and Ali Hassan, 4th official. Awad Musari, assessor, and Salah Al Marzouqi, commissioner of the match A new prize this year was decided to the best referee and best lineman and won by Ahmed Al Abduli, and Ahmed Issa respectively.

Individual Prizes
Kashiwa Reysol won the ideal team prize and Taystu Ito won the man of the championship. The best GK of the Championship was Al Ain GK Hamad Abdullah. Zayed Braik from UAE won the top scorer of the championship by scoring 9 goals out of 11 ones scored by his team.

UAE Squad
Bader Saleh, coach, Badr Al Hamadi, Administrator, Khalid Ibrahim, Zakaria Ahmed, Mohd Al Arabi, Muneer Al Jezani, Christian Tasi and Fathi Mana', assistants The players: Ali Khalid, Khalid Al Hashimi, Faisal Ahmed, Yusuf Mohd, Zayed Al Ameri, Mohd Obeid, Khalid Hilal, Majid Abdullah, Abdurrahman Ahmed, Hamad Ghulam, Hussein Omar, Mohd Faraj, Hamadan Masoud, Khalid Obeid, Ghaith Abdurrahman, Ahmed Mohd, Ahmed Rashid, Mohd Rashid, Ahmed Salman, and Mohd Khamis.
UAE in AIFJC 2014
UAE U17 started the championship by a big loss to Pohang from South Korea 4-1 but later the beat Manchester City 4-1 and they beat Al Ain in the semifinal 5-2 to win the title in the final beating Kashiwa 4-2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.