u18s vs Arsenal (FA Youth Cup semi-final 1st leg)

great game tonight from the fans who could make it.

the wide men were really good for city, arsenal are a much bigger maybe a bit older team so a great result for the lads

Either older or more physically developed early, but irrespective, their star man, no 7 has unquestionable ability at that level & was much bigger than most of the City kids, but how much intelligent & decisive play ? How many times did he cut inside 3 players & play it square ?

Arsenal really pissed me off tonight. Imo they were actually swanning & posing, when they were getting fucking beat! You lost you wankers, & it could have been by more. City got tired & at times they were rolling the fucking ball around with their arses stuck out as if it was only a mattr of time. Horrible twatty, big headed fucking club.

They will expect to beat us, & they might be right, we clearly lost some of our energy as the game went on.

But the side that plays in the next leg, might actually be a different side.

Well played City anyhow. Quality.

Either older or more physically developed early, but irrespective, their star man, no 7 has unquestionable ability at that level & was much bigger than most of the City kids, but how much intelligent & decisive play ? How many times did he cut inside 3 players & play it square ?

Arsenal really pissed me off tonight. Imo they were actually swanning & posing, when they were getting fucking beat! You lost you wankers, & it could have been by more. City got tired & at times they were rolling the fucking ball around with their arses stuck out as if it was only a mattr of time. Horrible twatty, big headed fucking club.

They will expect to beat us, & they might be right, we clearly lost some of our energy as the game went on.

But the side that plays in the next leg, might actually be a different side.

Well played City anyhow. Quality.

yes mate their 7 looked great on the ball but his final pass was sloppy. there 10 also looked good like a player. i missed the team sheet got there about 2 minutes after kick off. i know some but do you have the team sheet.

City team. Grimshaw, Oliver, Humphreys, Adarbioyo, Duhaney, Davenport,Ricketts, Kongolo, Nmecha,Diaz, Nemane.

Arsenal team. Keto, Johnson, Robinson, Sheaf, Bola, Bielik, Adelaide, Bennacer, Mauididi, Hinds, Willock.

Enjoyed that game but there again the 18's games are always enjoyable. Slightly worrying that we seem to start a bit slowly and now 2 games in a row against very good sides we have given a goal away throughour own mistakes giving the ball away. We always look to pass the ball out of defence and mistakes will happen but it's in those early minutes we just seem to need a wake up call to fully get going. Shame it seems to be a goal at the mo!

When we were getting it right tonight we looked really threatening with the pace and direct play of Nemane and Buckley in the wide positions and Nmecha down the middle with Brahim behind him. The later stages of the first half were all City and another goal looked likely. Pretty good for a while in the 2nd too but ther we just lost control and Arsenal look very threatening.Tackles we had been winning we weren't anymore and the loose balls all seemed to go there way. It didn't help either that the ref started to give everything their way. I am guessing we were running out of steam a little which would be fair enough for Brahim Diaz who has been away on International duty and I believe played 2 games in the last week.

Hard to pick a MotM but I might just go for Duhaney who I thought was excellent.Up and down doing both jobs well and up against a very talented Arsenal player with first team experience. Adelaide I think his name was. Roll on the 2nd leg.

Great analysis. Thanks mate

What was the crowd like last night, hard to see from the pics?

Chelsea beat Blackburn 0-1 away in the other semi to set them up for a return final against us maybe.

What was the crowd like last night, hard to see from the pics?

Chelsea beat Blackburn 0-1 away in the other semi to set them up for a return final against us maybe.

Quite mixed.

Some middlle aged blokes in winter jackets, a few baldies, one or two fat blokes, but quite a few younger less fat ones too, some with beards, & a reasonable number of women, some eds players with funny hair dos, Paul Lake, & Kolarov.

yes mate their 7 looked great on the ball but his final pass was sloppy. there 10 also looked good like a player. i missed the team sheet got there about 2 minutes after kick off. i know some but do you have the team sheet.

Just looked at the team as posted by summerseat blue above, & a few are a little bit older than ours plus of course we had two kids in midfield, but the thing I found intrresting is that I couldn't find many on the transfermarkt list at u18 level. Reason being that it was actually Arsenal's U21s.

That team appears to play together at U21 level. And a couple have first team experience. Not surprising they looked a bit physically better 2nd half. Not in the first though.

Just looked at the team as posted by summerseat blue above, & a few are a little bit older than ours plus of course we had two kids in midfield, but the thing I found intrresting is that I couldn't find many on the transfermarkt list at u18 level. Reason being that it was actually Arsenal's U21s.

That team appears to play together at U21 level. And a couple have first team experience. Not surprising they looked a bit physically better 2nd half. Not in the first though.

rthanks mate, makes it an even better performance by our lads

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.