U18's vs WHU U18's, 9th April, 2pm

Much better than v Arsenal, except the finishing which was pretty dreadful tbf. But passing wise, we were obviously hampered by nerves v Arsenal. Davenport being an example. Barely missed a pass in 90 mins, positioning excellent. Watching him & Diaz play is like going back in time &, watching a couple of Barca's stars, as kids.

Took my old man to the game, 82, he absolutely loved it. Preferred watching the 18's than the 1st team. He fell in love with Jacob Davenport as a player, reads the game so well. 2 blokes behind us spent 90 minutes critising the kids. "No intensity, can't picture these playing in the Prem etc etc... " my dad turned round and told them he been watching city since the 40's and this is the best crop of kids he's ever seen. If they can't see that and enjoy it they should start watching another sport.
The quality in that team is outstanding and you can pick another starting 11 that is almost as good. I absolutely love watching acadamy football and I cannot recommend watching these boys highly enough. If you get the chance to watch them do it, I promise you you won't regret it.

Took my old man to the game, 82, he absolutely loved it. Preferred watching the 18's than the 1st team. He fell in love with Jacob Davenport as a player, reads the game so well. 2 blokes behind us spent 90 minutes critising the kids. "No intensity, can't picture these playing in the Prem etc etc... " my dad turned round and told them he been watching city since the 40's and this is the best crop of kids he's ever seen. If they can't see that and enjoy it they should start watching another sport.
The quality in that team is outstanding and you can pick another starting 11 that is almost as good. I absolutely love watching acadamy football and I cannot recommend watching these boys highly enough. If you get the chance to watch them do it, I promise you you won't regret it.

Yer Dad's right! As all Dad's are!! The quality in the Academy at all levels is fantastic. You just have to see the technical ability of some of these 'kids' and it's staggering. I thoroughly enjoy the games at the Minihad. There is an intensity that I wish would be emulated a little more by the first team!

It will only take one manager to start using some of them on a regular basis instead of importing 'ready-made' at astronomical prices, to see just how good they are.

Yer Dad's right! As all Dad's are!! The quality in the Academy at all levels is fantastic. You just have to see the technical ability of some of these 'kids' and it's staggering. I thoroughly enjoy the games at the Minihad. There is an intensity that I wish would be emulated a little more by the first team!

It will only take one manager to start using some of them on a regular basis instead of importing 'ready-made' at astronomical prices, to see just how good they are.
If we were a mid table side a lot of these kids would have 10,20,30 appearances but if we were a mid table side would we be able to attract them.
I know buying players is very exciting for a lot of people, you only have to look at the transfer forum, but producing your own is the biggest thrill of all. I hate that "class of '92" bollocks with a passion but I wish to hell we have our own.

Is that necessarily a good thing? How do they all get enough opportunities to play for the EDS team, never mind the 1st team?

Is that necessarily a good thing? How do they all get enough opportunities to play for the EDS team, never mind the 1st team?
Not all of them will transition to the EDS I suppose, that's the way the system works and always has. Hell, some of them might drop out of football entirely like Johnson did. Hopefully we'll hold on to the very best but only if they've got the hunger to put absolutely everything into their football.

I take my cyber hat off to your dad & I've been watching kids teams at City since the late 60s & think exactly the same, over the various age groups.

There are no guarantees of course with kids but some of the people who watch these kids have no idea whatsoever, what they are looking at.

Well done to your old fella.

Written my report up here if anyone fancies a read.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/04/10/city-u18s-3-0-west-ham-u18s-match-report/

Like the rest, I really rate Davenport. I think he's absolutely class. Impeccable in possession and he reads the game as good as Barry did defensively. The amount of times I've seen him slotting in at the back when a defender was pulled out of position only to be placed perfectly to intercept a cross or block a shot...it's every game repeatedly. His worth to the team is absolutely golden.. There's a serious Busquets feel to his game which is remarkable given his age.

The rest were just very good too. A cut above a very decent West Ham team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.