U18's vs WHU U18's, 9th April, 2pm

Written my report up here if anyone fancies a read.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/04/10/city-u18s-3-0-west-ham-u18s-match-report/

Like the rest, I really rate Davenport. I think he's absolutely class. Impeccable in possession and he reads the game as good as Barry did defensively. The amount of times I've seen him slotting in at the back when a defender was pulled out of position only to be placed perfectly to intercept a cross or block a shot...it's every game repeatedly. His worth to the team is absolutely golden.. There's a serious Busquets feel to his game which is remarkable given his age.

The rest were just very good too. A cut above a very decent West Ham team.

Nice work as usual & good to see you back.

We are going to have a group of kids over several age groups, many of whom will suit Pep's way of playing. Then it's just down to which ones he thinks have what it takes mentally I think. Obviously he will want a first team of established top players, but I doubt he will ignore these, & some of the older ones. With the euros interfering, some of these will be amongst the first City players to get Pep's attention & I hope these & the older kids who have been held back make sure they are 100% ready to make an impression. It could decide the path of their careers.

Like the rest, I really rate Davenport. I think he's absolutely class. Impeccable in possession and he reads the game as good as Barry did defensively. The amount of times I've seen him slotting in at the back when a defender was pulled out of position only to be placed perfectly to intercept a cross or block a shot...it's every game repeatedly. His worth to the team is absolutely golden.. There's a serious Busquets feel to his game which is remarkable given his age.

I didnt rate Davenport at all when we played Arsenal at home in the semi but he did look better in the game at their place I must admit.

Though not mentioned much in your report, I thought that Cameron Bullock had an excellent game and showed superb crossing ability.

Though not mentioned much in your report, I thought that Cameron Bullock had an excellent game and showed superb crossing ability.

Agree. I really like Callum. He's had a quiet few months though unfortunately as he's ended up behind Duhaney in the pecking order, which is a shame as I think he's an excellent fullback.

A great summary twosips

Great piece again. It's going to be so satisfying to you when you see these talented lads make a name for themselves in the first team, seeing as you've followed them for a couple of years now. Can't help but get excited about brahim. By the sounds of it, we could potentially have a squad full of our own academy graduates in around five years time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.