U19'S v Barcelona (01/11 1500hrs)

At least we're close to where we need to be. Nmecha has an excuse, returning form injury. Much like the 1st team, not doing enough with the final ball.

So thats back to back games we've lost against them and I don't think we've deserved to lose either.

A draw at worst today and a win in Barca would have been the minimum based on those performances.

Harsh on the lads but need to put those chances away.

On chances,its unbelievable we didnt at least score,we should have taken 6 points.

Not at our best,Sancho and Diaz especially 'guilty' but still,encouraging stuff.

On chances,its unbelievable we didnt at least score,we should have taken 6 points.

Not at our best,Sancho and Diaz especially 'guilty' but still,encouraging stuff.
They were overthinking it sure, especially Brahim, but overall I thought that we are a bit slow in decision-making and always take a second too much after receiving the ball. Happened too often for basically every player. It wasn't an issue when Barca sat back too much and we had the time to pass it and create chances, but when the games was more open, it was a reoccuring theme.

They were overthinking it sure, especially Brahim, but overall I thought that we are a bit slow in decision-making and always take a second too much after receiving the ball. Happened too often for basically every player. It wasn't an issue when Barca sat back too much and we had the time to pass it and create chances, but when the games was more open, it was a reoccuring theme.
A bit too much individualism/greed too,one or two need to learn when its better to find a teammate,rather than attempt the impossible - at 16/17 yrs,its not a concern,the decision making will improve for sure.

A bit too much individualism/greed too,one or two need to learn when its better to find a teammate,rather than attempt the impossible - at 16/17 yrs,its not a concern,the decision making will improve for sure.
That's what I meant by 'overthinking', I guess I was too sophistic. :) Yes I agree, but I think it all relates, and actually the reason they wanted it to do all by themselves was because we are not that tactically clever, and also because basically all of our players took their time to do something with the ball, which doesn't pay off at this level.

But maybe we're too harsh, we actually were clearly the better side for at least 2 half out of 4 these past few weeks, and the results really could have gone otherwise with a bit of luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.