U21s derby tomorrow night

Anything but a decent result! Utd were a joke of a football team and we shouldnt have problems beating a side like that even though they parked the bus and had 10 , even 11 men behind the ball. We gave them the goal with poor defending and almost gave them another but really unless we gave them gifts of the ball they didn't have a clue.

Sadly we didn't have much of a clue how to break them down either which is very dissappointing. Unless Brahim was at the heart of an attack we never looked like getting thru. It wasn't helped by Simon Davies deciding to play Buckley left side and Dilrosun on the right. Neither seem to play well on the "wrong " side but he stuck with it so our width was almost non existent.

Highlight for ne , lowlight actually , wad their number 9 who looked like he had won a pub competition to get a game. Just a big lad ( they had quite a few similar players actually) who played central midfield and tried to destroy and even man mark. My guess is Fellaini in his hero.

Is this a premonition?

If the first team have as much domination of the game tomorrow I am sure we will win as there is so much more creative attacking ability to call on.

But yes I think Mourinho will play a cauyious game, let City have the ball by defending in large numbers but look to catch us on the break as they have decent quality going forward. Not that many but enough if we don't defend well

If the first team have as much domination of the game tomorrow I am sure we will win as there is so much more creative attacking ability to call on.

But yes I think Mourinho will play a cauyious game, let City have the ball by defending in large numbers but look to catch us on the break as they have decent quality going forward. Not that many but enough if we don't defend well
They've no pace though :)

who has no pace? Pure individual speed isn't key to City attacking but good movement,quick passing and a good first touch is. I think we have that in Silva, KDB, Nolito, Kelechi, Sterling

Did a video match report here if anyone fancies a watch! Recorded some footage too of random bits of the game (no goals etc, but some nice shots)

In general I think we just have to be patient. It's a young team and there will be a learning curve, but its necessary!

Anything but a decent result! Utd were a joke of a football team and we shouldnt have problems beating a side like that even though they parked the bus and had 10 , even 11 men behind the ball. We gave them the goal with poor defending and almost gave them another but really unless we gave them gifts of the ball they didn't have a clue.

Sadly we didn't have much of a clue how to break them down either which is very dissappointing. Unless Brahim was at the heart of an attack we never looked like getting thru. It wasn't helped by Simon Davies deciding to play Buckley left side and Dilrosun on the right. Neither seem to play well on the "wrong " side but he stuck with it so our width was almost non existent.

Highlight for ne , lowlight actually , wad their number 9 who looked like he had won a pub competition to get a game. Just a big lad ( they had quite a few similar players actually) who played central midfield and tried to destroy and even man mark. My guess is Fellaini in his hero.
Our average age for the starting 11 was 18.00 (again), United's was 19.27. Physically we're always going to be smaller all over the pitch, only Arsenal out of the 4 matches have been close at 18.18.

Did a video match report here if anyone fancies a watch! Recorded some footage too of random bits of the game (no goals etc, but some nice shots)

In general I think we just have to be patient. It's a young team and there will be a learning curve, but its necessary!
Nice 1, plenty of info there. I really think you could be paid for what you do pal.

Our average age for the starting 11 was 18.00 (again), United's was 19.27. Physically we're always going to be smaller all over the pitch, only Arsenal out of the 4 matches have been close at 18.18.
Surprised they didn't play Depay, Carrick and the Fig Plucker as they aren't in the senior squad for the Derby.

Here's Brahim's goal, for those asking for it:

I was there last night, and didn't think it was a great game tbh. United were fairly solid and we struggled to break them down. Brahim was a class above everyone on the pitch though (as was Fernandes prior to that).

Simon Davies doesn't seem like a particularly inspirational manager for this group though. Thought he was a surprise appointment at the time and haven't seen anything yet to change my mind.

Here's Brahim's goal, for those asking for it:

I was there last night, and didn't think it was a great game tbh. United were fairly solid and we struggled to break them down. Brahim was a class above everyone on the pitch though (as was Fernandes prior to that).

Simon Davies doesn't seem like a particularly inspirational manager for this group though. Thought he was a surprise appointment at the time and haven't seen anything yet to change my mind.

Probably because he wants to be in a job with his opponents last night, sat in the academy box v villa with him last season, very little praise for the young lads apart from tosin, seems a very moody bloke to me mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.