UAE behind rival to CL?

I would imagine it would be similar to the World Cup where one Country gets to host it every 4 years.

Would be better for the players too as no CL games during the season so will have a lot of free midweeks to rest.

Sounds good in theory.

Am I right in assuming that the International Skating Union is the governing body of ice skating? If it is, the ruling of the European Union is of profound significance because the discussions reported in the N Y Times article are all irrelevant. If the principle of the ruling applies to all sports - and it is hard to see how it can't - then a new tournament can be set up, UEFA cannot prevent clubs or players taking part and the rewards for participation can be such as to make FFP as irrelevant as UEFA and FIFA. The new tournament would have to have consistent and fair entry criteria but all our owners and the club have ever wanted is fairness.

Some nice away days in Argentina and Brazil.

The cost though. I dread to think.

Would be hilarious if one of the criterion for inclusion was for clubs to be debt free. That would pretty much make us the only English club that could qualify.

Presumably this would be a closed shop and only X number of 'elite' clubs would be selected to participate. If that's the case then it's a big no from me. This sounds like the beginning of that European Super League that's been talked about for a while as a threat to UEFA to pay clubs more.

Presumably this would be a closed shop and only X number of 'elite' clubs would be selected to participate. If that's the case then it's a big no from me. This sounds like the beginning of that European Super League that's been talked about for a while as a threat to UEFA to pay clubs more.
So you haven't read the articles.

pretty big presumption if you ask me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.