Uber London loses licence to operate

Market forces don't justify an organisation an organisation scanning law enforcement radios and hindering inquiries into sexual assault. Uber were banned in India and criticised in the States so Black cabs are one small part of the story.
Yep, banned in Ireland too, except as a way to call proper licenced taxis. They're basically like AirBnB in that they came in and basically started operating with no regard for local regulations whatsoever. And then they're surprised there's a backlash from similar companies who have to jump through umpteen hoops to be allowed to operate.

No. I don't doubt there are criminals in all
occupations. Would I have found organisation wide obstruction to thwart inquiries by regulators and law enforcement. That is one of the main reason Uber have lost their licence.
I genuinely think that the Black Cabbies protest was more about their income stream than public safety.

They need a basic level of area knowledge which a lot do not possess.
Satellite navigation can be unpredictable and could end up taking the scenic route on a bad day.
Is it enough to say @SWP's back has the use of a calculator therefore no requirements for mental arithmetic.
In your own bubble it's working so carry on as you are pal..In London it clearly does not work.

To lose a license to operate you have to truly fook up in gargantuan proportions whilst offering an appalling service.
But then again everyone loves a good conspiracy theory so why not reinvigorate the notion that black cabbies have paid the council off : /
Mr Battle they are clearly inept at their jobs and the time for honouring themselves is now at an end.
Tata Landen uber..Your fired !
Absolute bollocks but carry on, times change, black cabs are a bygone era, 10 years we will have driverless cars, what will be your excuse then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.