UEFA experiment changing penalty shootout rules

Make them simultaneous. Ref blows the whistle and you have 3 seconds to put foot to ball. Split screen in the stands and on the television. First to 5 wins. I prefer golden goal myself.

Should scrap penalties and it should go to which team has the fittest supporter in the stands. Paraguay would have 3 world cups now.

with allsort of stats available why don't they have a points system for the best team in the game and that way the attacking teams would be the winners and good for football when you know you have to play and attack and not park the bus then win it on pens

with allsort of stats available why don't they have a points system for the best team in the game and that way the attacking teams would be the winners and good for football when you know you have to play and attack and not park the bus then win it on pens
UEFA would never do anything that benefits City.

:)

Potentially, yeah.

It is still a lottery, but if you buy one ticket, and I buy one ticket, we should have an equal chance of winning! With your logic - why bother with the penalty shoot out at all - just decide it on whoever wins the coin toss. "Anyone that complains should have done the business during the game".
I wonder what the stats are for home teams winning the shootout? Because the away team will generally choose the end of the ground that has their supporters over the first penalty. In fact, what are the stats for the team at home in the second leg of two legged ties going through? That's about 70% iirc...

Maybe we should play all knockout games at neutral venues?

I wonder what the stats are for home teams winning the shootout? Because the away team will generally choose the end of the ground that has their supporters over the first penalty.

Dunno mate - look into it and get back to me with your findings.

In fact, what are the stats for the team at home in the second leg of two legged ties going through? That's about 70% iirc...

Yeah that's a shitter too, but I think its more the away goals rule than home advantage. Its fair enough in the Round of 16 as the team has earned that advantage by topping their group, but then on its luck of the draw. Luckily, everyone is in agreement that UEFA draws are clean and transparent so there could be no suggestion that anyone receives an intentional advantage.

Maybe we should play all knockout games at neutral venues?

Whilst not the right thing to do for supporters you are right - that would be fairer, but I suspect you are being facetious.

UEFA would never do anything that benefits City.

:)

true uefa and city don't mix

but i think its the pen shoot outs that are killing the game and teams setup not to lose and take there chances at the end that can not be right for football.jose is the master of parking the bus and sets teams up a draw and gamble on nicking something or winning on pens. but teams like manchester ctiy and pep setup a team to win the game and play football and hope to out score the other team that should be rewarded at the end if the scores are level and not on a pen when it becomes a single player game and not a team sport

its like a boxer holding on for points but is getting battered each and gets knocked down and gets up round after round. he knows the credit in going 12 rounds even knowing he is going to lose but takes it like a no lose you did not beat me in the ring just defending at his best

Always liked the one on one type shootout idea, start from mid way between halfway line and goal line, get a certain amount of time to shoot. Still means the team with the talent has the advantage, instead of the lottery penalty shootout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.