UEFA Team of the year(KDB First City player to be included)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by nimrod, 11 Jan 2018 at 12:04 PM.

1. dannybcity

dannybcity

I think these kind of things are a bit of a waste of time. Real Madrid and Barca players are the default unless they absolutely can't leave a player out.

2. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    No A&E? Or Goldenchild? Or Warrington's finest? UEFA obviously haven't got a scooby.

3. sdm

sdm

Railway plant operator
    Captain of bluemoon fc,defender of the realm again
    Nothing more than a beauty contest. Popularity votes like the x factor. Only surprise is ineista isnt in there

4. City health warning

City health warning

Great to see KDB in the list but David Silva should be in that team as well.

5. No Role Models

No Role Models

Or Chapions League, La Liga, Super Cup and Club World Cup winners with 5 players in it

6. No place for #Pogback?

Either way, I'm sure his PR team will be sat around discussing whether they should organise a jazzy new haircut for him or bung Owen Hargreaves a few bob to claim he's world class every time he's near a microphone. Reminds me a little bit of Trading Places i.e. how can we convince everyone that an obviously mediocre player is worth £100 million?

7. RACHACE

RACHACE

HGV Driver/part time gambler
    http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
    Whilst I agree that Silva wouldn’t look out of place on that list it’s difficult to argue against the majority of the team being made up of Real Madrid players seeing how they’ve been for the last two seasons.

8. Jordie

Jordie

That's a veterans team.

9. domalino

domalino

Contrary to most, I like these things because they act as great markers of how our team is viewed around the world and outside the City or even UK bubble.

These things are popularity contests based on reputation, but that's pretty important to our upper management trying to establish itself as one of the world's elite clubs. To get into these things you need to win major trophies in Europe, have sustained domestic success and have the global reach, marketing and fanbase to then have your players voted in to them.

In many ways, the club will have arrived where Soriano, Txiki & Pep want us to be when we get 3 or 4 players into one of these things, this kind of popular recognition is the byproduct of what they're setting out to achieve on and off the pitch.

10. BlueTG

BlueTG

We've lost 2 league games all 2017. RM have been dogshit for half the year.