UEFA Youth League - Swiss Weekend Semis & Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Hannah

Just watching Chavs v Anderlecht - one had a 'reeeprieve' (sic) after a penalty was disallowed in the last round when it bounced out from the stanchion and they went through and the other was beaten but reinstated after an opposition player was deemed 'illegible' (sic).

Can someone remind me how the rules were bent so we went out in away-only single ties in each of the last two competitions?

Watching the Chavs/Anderlecht game and it`s dire, Anderlecht are so poor. It also looks like Chelsea have been on a massive marketing strategy of hand out free flags to all fans on entry.

Just watching Chavs v Anderlecht - one had a 'reeeprieve' (sic) after a penalty was disallowed in the last round when it bounced out from the stanchion and they went through and the other was beaten but reinstated after an opposition player was deemed 'illegible' (sic).

Can someone remind me how the rules were bent so we went out in away-only single ties in each of the last two competitions?
Last I heard that dodgy penalty shootout was allowed to stand.

Glad it's been replayed in the spirit of fairness but it could set an uneasy president where games are decided in court months after the result?

Last I heard that dodgy penalty shootout was allowed to stand.

Glad it's been replayed in the spirit of fairness but it could set an uneasy president where games are decided in court months after the result?
I must have missed something myself? I knew about the penalty not given, what happened later George?

Valencia were the team who had the goal not given when the ball bounced back off a support in the goal not the post in a penalty shoot out. They lost their appeal to have the decision overturned, rightly imo, despite it being such a poor decision.

And one leg knock out games? That's just how this competition works in the early knockout rounds. Youth cup is the same until the semi's.

Valencia were the team who had the goal not given when the ball bounced back off a support in the goal not the post in a penalty shoot out. They lost their appeal to have the decision overturned, rightly imo, despite it being such a poor decision.

And one leg knock out games? That's just how this competition works in the early knockout rounds. Youth cup is the same until the semi's.
I see, it's OK that the Chavs got through because Valencia's winning penalty was disallowed for no good reason and it's just the luck of the draw that we have been drawn away in consecutive single game knock out stages, following group stages in which we finished top. I'm not convinced.

I didn't know Valencia had appealed but I'd disagree that that was the correct decision.

I see, it's OK that the Chavs got through because Valencia's winning penalty was disallowed for no good reason and it's just the luck of the draw that we have been drawn away in consecutive single game knock out stages, following group stages in which we finished top. I'm not convinced.
You're not seriously claiming that UEFA fixed it are you George? Admittedly having single leg games is a poor decision but that is just down to pot luck.

If it's single game knockouts surely it should be at the home of the team with the better record.

We've topped the group twice now from memory and have had to play away first up.

PSG have a similar situation with City as they have a very good academy but almost absolutely refuse to use it playing lazy millionares instead of their classy youngsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.