UEFA Youth League Thread 14/15.

FantasyIreland said:
BigOscar said:
With Silva out and the rest of our advanced midfielders playing so badly, I'd be tempted to give Pozo a game against QPR, behind Aguero, at the very least be on the bench, but I know this won't happen unfortunately.

That would be a huge call....on the one hand it could be the spark to lift the team,and,on the other,it could damage the kids confidence if we carry on performing with the same lack of cohesion and belief as recently witnessed.
I'd be waiting for an upturn in form or maybe the third round of the FA cup before he is considered for further exposure.
I don't know, even if he did play really badly and struggled, we could always just show him a couple of Jovetic and Dzeko's recent performances and let him know that they are £20m forwards playing that badly, so one bad performance is nothing to get bothered by! I imagine one of the academy getting a game would boost the confidence of all our young players, as they don't think they'll ever get a game at the moment. Show them it's possible to break into the first team, then see how much more they believe they can do it. Also add a much needed kick up the backside to the first teamers who feel to comfortable.

It's one of the reasons I didn't really want Lopes going out on loan this year, as he could easily step into our team at the moment and add some urgency, while lifting the hopes of all the other academy players.

Neville Kneville said:
I would like to see him & Barker taking turns on the bench as impact players.

I see nothing wrong in putting such players on the bench instead of the likes of Boyata or anyone else who realistically is never going to be brought on. Pozo might be overawed a little but he has great quick feet and loads of quality so you never know.Even if it was a little much for him it would get the debut and early stuff out of the way. He is sharp and talented which is more than you can say for the performances of some we have seen.

Barker the same.I think he is even more likely to be overawed but why not go for it.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Neville Kneville said:

I see nothing wrong in putting such players on the bench instead of the likes of Boyata or anyone else who realistically is never going to be brought on. Pozo might be overawed a little but he has great quick feet and loads of quality so you never know.Even if it was a little much for him it would get the debut and early stuff out of the way. He is sharp and talented which is more than you can say for the performances of some we have seen.

Barker the same.I think he is even more likely to be overawed but why not go for it.

Surely one place out of all those substitutes is not such a terrible risk. We have seen all kinds of characters appear on the bench in recent years. 3 centre backs, 2 def mids, all kinds of weird unbalanced stuff, just to keep squad players involved. One kid on there wouldn't be such a huge gamble & if they get on, there is so much good will, all they have to do is one nice touch & it lifts the fans.

Also, if we did hit form & played a blinder one day, battering someone, the kid could come on for 30 mins & have a big day, perhaps a couple of assists or a goal. Pozo manged a few nice moments v Sheffield. If they're not on the bench to start with, then even if we're 7 up, we can't get to see them.

do you need to buy tickets for the UYL game vs Bayern? maybe at the gate? can't see anyhting online

edit: and do they sell beer at the hyde stadium?

Neville Kneville said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Neville Kneville said:

Surely one place out of all those substitutes is not such a terrible risk. We have seen all kinds of characters appear on the bench in recent years. 3 centre backs, 2 def mids, all kinds of weird unbalanced stuff, just to keep squad players involved. One kid on there wouldn't be such a huge gamble & if they get on, there is so much good will, all they have to do is one nice touch & it lifts the fans.

Also, if we did hit form & played a blinder one day, battering someone, the kid could come on for 30 mins & have a big day, perhaps a couple of assists or a goal. Pozo manged a few nice moments v Sheffield. If they're not on the bench to start with, then even if we're 7 up, we can't get to see them.

I totally agree with you on this. I don't think you ruin players just by playing them at a young age. If they are managed correctly they should be exempt from criticism. Martinez is playing Barkley further forward to remove some of the risk involved in his play. Pozo and Barker aren't likely to be in a part of the pitch where they could cost us a game. If we are 2-0 or 3-0 up with time left we could play them and give them exposure to the first team and build their confidence. Pozo is closer to being ready than Barker but from City and England reports, everytime Barker plays he manages to handle and indeed excel expectations despite progressing quickly through the age groups.

Friendly win against Lille.
=====================
Manchester City's starlets kept in the winning spirit with a 3-1 victory against Lille.

The friendly match on Thursday afternoon saw the young Blues come up against a new opponent this season, but Patrick Vieira's side were not fazed.

Thierry Ambrose gave the team the lead in the first half and a penalty made it 2-0 before half-time.

Soualiho Meite pulled a goal back in the second half but Olivier Ntcham restored the two goal advantage in the final ten minutes.

It leaves the Blues in good spirits ahead of their first game in the Premier League International Cup next Thursday against Benfica.

The match also gave City's youngsters the chance to catch up with Marcos Lopes, currently on loan with the French club

LOSC OS article regarding friendly with City thru google translate - quotes and pics - <a class="postlink" href="https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.losc.fr%2Factualite-foot-lille%2Fformation%2Fquand-jeunes-dogues-et-citizens-se-renvoient-la-balle&edit-text=&act=url" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.