UEFA Youth League Thread 14/15.

Neville Kneville said:
As a team, we are ok in most positions to compete at this level but central defence looks potentially iffy this season.

I think it's a measure of how we play across the club. At first team level we know we can score goals, or at least create a myriad of chances, - same at EDS level, but every time ordinary teams attack I expect some disaster! The mistake for CFCs first goal at Hyde is what I half expect within the first minute at The Etihad. Just hope we can get past the first five mins next Sunday without Sanchez turning up!!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Neville Kneville said:
As a team, we are ok in most positions to compete at this level but central defence looks potentially iffy this season.

I think it's a measure of how we play across the club. At first team level we know we can score goals, or at least create a myriad of chances, - same at EDS level, but every time ordinary teams attack I expect some disaster! The mistake for CFCs first goal at Hyde is what I half expect within the first minute at The Etihad. Just hope we can get past the first five mins next Sunday without Sanchez turning up!!

I'm really surprised how competitive at EDS level we have been without a proper cb for most games. It came unstuck badly vs the rags, & one or two others, but on the whole, we seem to be getting away with it.

I think at U19 level - a mix of U18 and EDS players - which is what the UEFA Youth League is, I think we are not too bad defensively, we are susceptible to the counter attack but that's normal when you play with both fullbacks practically in secondary wing positions.

We have a great pressing system under Vieira and our attacking play in some of the best in Europe at this age group in my opinion, we do have a lot of great young players though so you would want to expect some sort of attractive football being played.

I don't know how far we will go in this competition but going off what I saw in the group stage this season we should do well, last season we were incredibly unlucky against Benfica in the quarter final as their keeper was on fire, they were clinical and we just missed so many opportunities despite dominating play.

Benfica reached the final in the end even though we were better than them so that in itself should allow us to believe we can win this tournament.

Vieira just has to make sure we are consistent because on our day we can beat anybody if you ask me.

Will Iheanacho play in Youth League? he was born in 1996.
When will he recover from that injury?
When the registration window closes? Could we register him for Youth League and will we? And what about the CHampions League?

SlimShadyRus said:
When the registration window closes? Could we register him for Youth League and will we? And what about the CHampions League?
I'm pretty sure Pellegrini doesn't read this forum to answer all of those questions however I believe his injury will keep him out until March.

SlimShadyRus said:

FantasyIreland said:
SlimShadyRus said:

Very good, I had to pause to think about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.