UFOs

Space aliens exist?

The nutter.

Next up he'll be telling us that Douglas Adams was right when he suggested that UFO's are just rich kids from other planets fucking about. Teasers.
You couldn't have chosen a better username pal :-)

It was ironic as I'm not called Bob.

You should change yours though to "The Nutter" if you believe that rubbish. UFO does not equal aliens. It's a flying object that you can't identify. It's all very simple. Much like you.
I wasn't referring to the name Bob :-)

I am as sure as i can be without empirical tangible evidence that life exists elsewhere, not just life but advanced life. I do not believe there are any type 3 civilizastions but many 1's and possibly a few 2's (kardashev scale).

This stuff to me makes life amazing, physics makes you see stuff as a kid you only thought existed in hollywood films. It kills me a bit inside everytime i think of the USA in any guise. That is because how much they spend on military stuff and if they just swapped that budget with that of NASA we could do so much more. I say that as a person who would gladly pay 25 quid a month to help fund NASA so don't kill me just yet american tax payers. It is the very next thing that registers with me after hearing or reading the name of the country.

Last edited:
With you there TCIB. It would be extremely naive to think Earth is the only planet - in a universe containing millions of planets - where life exists. It isn't inconceivable to think that some beings on other planets are much more advanced than we are. Possibly a million years more advanced?

Last edited:
With you there TCIB. It would be naive to think Earth is the only planet - in a universe containing millions of planets - where life exists. It isn't inconceivable to think that some beings on other planets are much more advanced than we are. Possibly a million years more advanced?
I see no reason why not, as soon as intelligent life catches on also it kind of splits off from how we now know the universe to age/has aged etc. We are pretty close to the beginning of when it is understood advanced life could have developed. A few million years is neither here nor their really (when we talk about how so yeah defo, easy possible.

I often wonder what civilizations could have already been and gone even, far advanced from us but maybe a gamma ray burst smashed them...gone, just like that. We actually stare down the barrel of a star not to far away that will go supernova soon smashing out a gamma ray burst, we need some axis to change (they highly likely will before it goes).

I know it is cheesy but i do love the idea and energy behind NASA's core belief, that of 'for the benefit of all mankind' and something i really believe in, it is as close to religion as i will ever get i imagine.

Do you think of this stuff often?

I see no reason why not, as soon as intelligent life catches on also it kind of splits off from how we now know the universe to age/has aged etc. We are pretty close to the beginning of when it is understood advanced life could have developed. A few million years is neither here nor their really (when we talk about how so yeah defo, easy possible.

I often wonder what civilizations could have already been and gone even, far advanced from us but maybe a gamma ray burst smashed them...gone, just like that. We actually stare down the barrel of a star not to far away that will go supernova soon smashing out a gamma ray burst, we need some axis to change (they highly likely will before it goes).

I know it is cheesy but i do love the idea and energy behind NASA's core belief, that of 'for the benefit of all mankind' and something i really believe in, it is as close to religion as i will ever get i imagine.

Do you think of this stuff often?
I've been looking into the possibility of Aliens, UFOs, etc, etc, for some time to be honest. It has never made sense to me that we are the only planet that contains life, or more to the point, intelligent life. When we look at where we are now, ie in a dangerous world, it's often made me wonder just how many other beings have reached a similar point on their planets before blowing themselves up and out of existence with nuclear bombs. It seems to me that we could be aiming down that road because human beings are - and always have been - war mongering idiots.

As there are around a trillion trillion stars in the observable universe, it is almost inconceivable that there are not numerous places elsewhere in the universe where there is life. However due to the scale of the universe and the laws of physics the chances that any other life from another world has come here is practically zero. Anyone with any intelligence who had seriously looked into this would realise that and would have come to the conclusion that UFOs are much more likely to have a mundane explanation and are nothing to do with aliens from other worlds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.