Underground market.

BlueMoonRisin’

Used to go in there when i wagged school in 79-80. Had a couple of great record stalls, best one was discount records, had loads of single covers on the walls. Also a shop called Roxy selling punk/goth stuff and one called Oasis. I think Noel Gallagher got the name from the stall.

Great memories.

Got a really nasty brown leather jacket there in the late 80s. Thought I was the bollocks at the time.
Markets in general bring back good memories. Newton Heath market on Sat mornings. Happy days

Used to buy poppers from the underground market in my hacienda days!
Dicky road market (longsight) walking round with me mam and me nana, I can still smell the fish mongers stall now, then round to sivoris cafe on Stockport road for a plate of chips and an ice cream. Great memories.

was 1 of the casuals of the 80s but loved my adidas samba trainers more than anything else i still had a pair right up to last year

and also spent many days looking around the underground market and record shop
that sold bootlegs gig tapes of all the major bands at the times and the jam was my band and collected many bootlegs that i have today but know are on my harddrive

great days

Talking of markets I'm working in Brixton today so had a walk round the apparently world famous Brixton market as I was there.

Fucking dogshit it was. I thought tshirts with pictures of huskeys hollering at the moon were resigned to gypos these days?

Me and my mate would go down town with £1 each. That would buy return bus fare, chips n gravy a drink and 10 cigs between us. We'd always go in the underground as well as the arndale. Tib street was thriving back then and we'd go in the pet shops. Oldham street also had plenty going on. Woolies and Lewis's were worth a mooch. Happy days.

Got all my trousers from down there too.

Tonics, Extra wide parallels, stones, Petrol blues, oxford bags. Overchecks.

Ahhhhh the memories.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DqU7e6SB6U[/youtube]

I remember that stall that used to have all the rare records of the day up on their wall. Test pressings, promo copies, picture discs (kids; ask your parents!). Thinking back now though, that whole complex was a potential death trap. Narrow walkways between the stalls and not that many fire escapes from what I can remember. It'd never get planning permission nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.