United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched them on motd....what is their actual playing style because it seems shite to me

Well done Hull...really unlucky against a turgid United side

Just added...no shout about the worlds most expensive player, or was he not on the pitch LOL

One instruction that is certain, if the touch is bad after a take on, dive.

Hull had a better chance with Snodgrass on the pitch. Once he left, Hernandez didn't have a clue what to do with the ball that kept being passed at him.

I think it'll be the most satisfying derby win ever if we win this.

Definitely! Unjustified hype has always followed them around but it is so over the top this year it's a fucking joke. Will be so sweet to put them back in their box

They are, but unfortunately I find it difficult to look beyond them for champions. They're a shit team in terms of the overall quality of their football compared to say City or Arsenal, but they have a style of play that's very difficult to combat. First and foremost, they're a massive team. De Gea 6' 4, Shaw 6' 1, Valencia 6' 2, Bailly 6' 2, Smalling 6' 5, Carrick 6' 2, Pogba 6' 4, Bog brush 6' 4, Big nose 6' 4, even Rashford and Martial are 6' 0. That is unprecedented in the history of English football. Not even Wimbledon circa 88 come close. It allows them the luxury of a game plan predicated on little more than lumping in cross after cross after cross in the direction of Big nose and Bog brush, knowing that it takes 2 men to mark either of them, and with defensive bodies then tied up in the penalty area it is almost impossible for the opposition to break out. The pressure then becomes relentless as it did today. They aren't a particularly good side, as I said, but they have just sufficient creativity in the shape of Mata, Rashford and Martial, and pace from Martial, Rashford and Valencia, which when allied to that unbelievable physicality, allows them to play effectively on the counter against better footballing sides, whilst grinding teams down at the other end of the table via an aerial bombardment from the flanks. I genuinely don't see them losing more than 4 or 5 games all season. A shame for football, but there you go

I don't agree that Rashford is a creative player.

Outside the box he is, well, gash.

Hull had a better chance with Snodgrass on the pitch. Once he left, Hernandez didn't have a clue what to do with the ball that kept being passed at him.
Diomande and Hernandez no bloody clue how they've made a career as footballers. They both looked absolutely horrific today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.