United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have nobody to blame but themselves for finding themselves under the boot of the selling club. They have made themselves an unattractive proposition without significant sweetners/increased fee's. The second baconface saw his arse with those horse racing mates of his it went sour for them.

They can cut it how they like but the facts are ferguson saw the Glazers and their financial plan in due to him. From that they have slowly been turned into a cash cow fed just enough to keep producing for the owners. Where is the ambition? that is what top players want to see.

I have a feeling i am going to enjoy this transfer window.

Assuming we get our business sorted (& it looks like we are doing), the only thing that could make this summer sweeter is if that lot do terrible business. €50m for Perisic is a bloody good start. Can't imagine how they'd react if Griezmann turns them down (most of them think that ones in the bag).

Back in the day, it was all about what anyone actually won: trophies. We can waffle on all we like about how we play, how we're so much easier on the eye. Bottom line is this: give me silverware all day long.
I'm glad my supporter experience isn't the same as yours.

I'm tempted to see what odds are being given for PEG walking before the years out.

Sat in the car boot queue at Burnage Rugby Club.

Browsing the interweb.

Had a look at Red Cafe.

Had a look through the new 'Manchester City 2017-18 thread'.(a bit early start it)

Anyway, get's to the last current post.

Kompany and Gundogan are both crooks. If they are fit, they'll probably take Otamendi and Fernandinho's place in this formation.

Bernardo - 43m
Mendy - 35m
Semedo - 30m
Van Dijk - 50m
Ederson - 30m

But City's owners have feck you money, so that really doesn't matter.

So, when will it finally sink in that City now work under exactly the same (FFP) rules as United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, etc? And any money spent, regardless of the amount, comes from prize money, sponsorship deals, matchday revenue, and (now) player sales. Or is Sheikh Mansour still bank rolling the team personally?

Sadly had the same conversation with a blue whilst watching the Watford match.
Going on about being bankrolled by the Sheikh and should be walking all competitions, Pep not coming uo to scratch, put him in the picture re being self financed and answerable to CFG.

Yes, but now they've got cl they can attract the best too and by god if we think we need surgery they've flatlined on the operating table, they may need a new keeper (hope we can wrap up Ederson asap) if donut thief goes, moronho has little faith in shaw smalling and jones, so that doesn't leave em much defence, midfield is on paper ok Herrera, mkhitaryan and pigba (despite the latters underwhelming season) are good players but deffo need another striker maybe even two with big nose gone and Rooney seemingly to follow leaving an unfancied martial and untested next big thing Rashford. Talk of greizmann that alone is another 80m plus outlay. In short they're complaints about our spending will be short lived. Can see them spunking 250m in transfer fees alone this summer, but hey they only spend what they make !!!

Yes, but now they've got cl they can attract the best too and by god if we think we need surgery they've flatlined on the operating table, they may need a new keeper (hope we can wrap up Ederson asap) if donut thief goes, moronho has little faith in shaw smalling and jones, so that doesn't leave em much defence, midfield is on paper ok Herrera, mkhitaryan and pigba (despite the latters underwhelming season) are good players but deffo need another striker maybe even two with big nose gone and Rooney seemingly to follow leaving an unfancied martial and untested next big thing Rashford. Talk of greizmann that alone is another 80m plus outlay. In short they're complaints about our spending will be short lived. Can see them spunking 250m in transfer fees alone this summer, but hey they only spend what they make !!!

Signing Carrick for another year tells me that maybe they backed all their chips on red last year, maybe the Glazers might not be willing to bank role another summer of spending like they did when they got seriously burnt with Pogba.

If they do go into the market every chairman across Europe will know to add an extra £20 million on the price. If you have failing shopping malls and American football teams to finance plus the so called serviceable debt, writing blank cheques to try and get Greiezman might not be such a good idea.

Getting into the champions league does not concern me as far as they go. They are a very average and uninspiring side, what they did against us in the Derby at the Etihad shows they are a bunch of shit houses who are not fit to grace the same football pitch as City. Switching to a style of play that will win proper trophies not Mickey Mouse ones which no one else half decent wanted to compete for is going to be a huge ask and 4 players coming in plus potentially changing the keeper won't change that.

We shouldn't concern ourselves with our desperate to stay relevant friends in Trafford, I'm more worried about the proper football teams in the league with Chelsea and Spurs. We need to find an extra 12-15 points next season be it improving what we do against the top 6 or actually putting teams away at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.