United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva was only underwhelming in the first half of his first season at City. He improved steadily as the season progressed and was consistently excellent by the end of the season. Pogba seems to me to be a more inconsistent player. I expect that he will have many more outstanding games this season than last but hopefully he will be one of those players who only turns it on in 3 games out of 5. I'm hoping that will be how United's season goes. They're clearly going to be better than last year but I think they're still going to be prone to more than their fair share of uninspired performances.
I sincerely hope so.

I think from the first 2 games who the FA have given the title to. Teams roll over for one team and no red cards for 2 straight yellow tackles and the debacle that was passed off as a referee performance last night. Sad to see English football go this way.
Agreed.

They are doing the basics better than us and they know their starting eleven which we don't.

If we don't pull out fingers out and get it sorted I can see them finishing at least 10pts ahead of us and I don't even rate them.

They are doing the basics better than us and they know their starting eleven which we don't.

If we don't pull out fingers out and get it sorted I can see them finishing at least 10pts ahead of us and I don't even rate them.

Nobody rates them other than......

Of course they know their starting eleven, its the only one they have.

After 2 games? You want to go back to the end of last September and look at the results and league table from week 6. The only two things the press were agreed on were that Chelsea couldn't win the league and City most likely would. Those predictions turned out well.....
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...standings-after-sundays-premier-league-scores

As we saw last season the first couple of months mean next to nothing. We were going to have the league sewn up by Christmas and Chelsea were finishing nowhere. I don't think you can read anything into the way the league will pan out until the CL has kicked off and we get into the nitty gritty of playing 2 games a week. United have as easier start as anyone could ever wish for in this league but the negative to that, is they must have some tougher games before/after they play a CL match. I've read comments from some United fans that they aren't even "scared" of us, this is after 2 league games. They've played West Ham and Swansea.

There will be ups and downs over the next few months, one week everything will be rosy, the next it will be the end of the world but its all about the bigger picture and history tells us that the picture doesn't really start to take shape until December/January time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.