United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with everyone fit, how many of their squad would actually get in our first team? The donut thief would be the stand out one. Pogba is a very good player and I think he will come good. Yet he is not as good as Silva or KDB in the attacking midfield roles and and no chance he gets in, in front of Fernandinho in the deeper role.
Bailly is better than Otto I reckon.

There is no excuse for us not spanking them. We are far, far better than them.

I suppose it comes down to styles, they have players that fit theirs and we have players that fit ours.

United fans would probably argue Bailly over Otamendi but can't really say he's had a better season than Otamendi, for a start he's less exposed and Otamendi's distribution has improved, see the pass to Kev for the goal at Chelsea. They'd probably make an argument for Valencia over Walker, but Walker is better in my opinon and younger.

Some would say Matic over Fernandinho but I don't think Matic is mobile enough to get into our team and do the job Fern does.

The only player you could say is better at this moment in time is De Gea and we're one of the only teams that needs a goalkeeper with Ederson's attributes (speed off of his line, distribution) as opposed to De Gea's.

So you could maybe make an argument for 1 or 2 but if I had to pick players to play our way from both teams then I wouldn't pick any of theirs.

Last edited:
Ozil on his day is world class despite what the media like to paint as a picture. There's a reason he's a key player in the German national team. He's worked with Mourinho before at Real Madrid. He looked good there at times certainly.

Fortunately this United side is stifling enough to make Ronaldinho play boring football.

I suppose it comes down to styles, they have players that fit theirs and we have players that fit ours.

United fans would probably argue Bailly over Otamendi but can't really say he's had a better season than Otamendi, for a start he's less exposed and Otamendi's distribution has improved, see the pass to Kev for the goal at Chelsea. They'd probably make an argument for Valencia over Walker, but Walker is better in my opinon and younger.

Some would say Matic over Fernandinho but I don't think Matic is mobile enough to get into our team and do the job Fern does.

The only player you could say is better at this moment in time is De Gea and we're one of the only teams that needs a goalkeeper with Ederson's attributes (speed off of his line, distribution) as opposed to De Gea's.

So you could maybe make an argument for 1 or 2 but if I had to pick players to play our way from both teams then I wouldn't pick any of theirs.

Nahh De Gea doesn’t do and can’t do a lot of stuff Ederson can like pass the ball kick the ball come of his line. He is a Tony Coton goalie oh he is brilliant at stopping the ball that’s right at him while diving.

The donut thief has played for a few years in the Premier league and Eddie hasn't, but no way would I swap keepers with rags.
Donut thief is a lucky keeper in so much as a lot of shots are right at him but he's not as comfortable on the ball as Eddie.
Eddie is so calm and it makes a huge difference to our defence.
As for the rest of their rag tag team none would get in our team and very few would make the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.