United (H) Post Match Thread

The facts are it always hurts to lose a derby for fans of either team. To lose one when you are 2-0 up and completely dominating is particularly gutting. For me while it would have been sweet to win the title against the rags, I was more annoyed we didn't take the chance to get it wrapped up and now have to probably win two more games.

People are right though if we win the league this defeat will soon be forgotten and in the greater scheme of things will matter not one jot except for a few local bragging rights. I know for sure watching Vinny lift the premier league trophy will hurt them far more than it hurt us them winning on Saturday.

The season obviously changes over time depending on results. If we had got the result most of us would put Saturdays game as the biggest of the season. It would have been the best day in the clubs history for many fan's young & old. With everything that was at stake, Saturday would have been talked about from generation to generation of fan. Like the Aguero moment, ''I was there the day we won the title against the Rag's'' These incidents don't happen often in football.
Exactly. That magical moment was lost and may never present itself again. However, the consolation prize aint half bad and lets look forward to finishing off the job started so well.

The facts are it always hurts to lose a derby for fans of either team. To lose one when you are 2-0 up and completely dominating is particularly gutting. For me while it would have been sweet to win the title against the rags, I was more annoyed we didn't take the chance to get it wrapped up and now have to probably win two more games..

Of course. But i was more pissed off when Owen scored the winner in the 4-3 after we'd fought our way back or that sequence of games where Scholes scored last minute winners against us.

The fact is, where we are now, we'll be having plenty of this sort of game in the future. Some we'll win, some we'll lose but the likes of the rags and Liverpool will suffer more pain than we do.

Of course. But i was more pissed off when Owen scored the winner in the 4-3 after we'd fought our way back or that sequence of games where Scholes scored last minute winners against us.

The fact is, where we are now, we'll be having plenty of this sort of game in the future. Some we'll win, some we'll lose but the likes of the rags and Liverpool will suffer more pain than we do.

The missed chances and atrocious defending for their goals just made it all the harder to take. Every goal was preventable.

On the contrary the opinion of fans matter quite a lot particularly when a large number of them don't like what the manager is doing. What ever happens in the coming weeks this looks set to be a very good season and we are back to the position we were in after Pellers first season . How we build on that success is the key. Hopefully we will continue to move forward and not stagnate like the last time.

You have to be joking. The success we are enjoying isn't just about the trophy count. It's the style of the football and
the pieces that are being put in place for future success, for future teams/managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.