United Pre-Match Thread - Friendly in Houston - Kick off now 03:05am (BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCFC1993

Just to get all the information in one place...

Kicks off Friday 21st at 03:05 (BST) or Thursday 20th at 21:05 (CDT - Houston Time).

The game is being shown on MUTV.

Other TV channels for those not based in the UK:
http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/2417043/manchester-united-vs-manchester-city/

This is the first Manchester Derby to be played overseas. United have already played 2 pre season games, beating La Galaxy 5-2 and Real Salt Lake 2-1, so they should be a bit more match ready.

Current Squad Available
Ederson, Grimshaw, Muric

Walker, Kolarov, Stones, Adarabioyo, Mangala, Denayer, Kompany, Otamendi (Flew out Monday night)

Foden, Silva, Brahim Diaz, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Roberts, Nasri

Aguero, Gabriel Jesus

Yaya joined up with the squad yesterday (Wednesday) and trained.

Sane flew out today (Thursday).

So are we bothered about the result or is it all about getting fit and sharp for the season?

I would obviously prefer if we won, it would be better for the image of the club beating them in America. I also want to see how a couple of the younger lads fair; Roberts, Foden and Adarabioyo.

Frustratingly I don't think Pep is going to be able to play the system he wants until we get a pacey, talented left back in place (Mendy), hopefully that is sorted out for the next game.

Pointless line up prediction for the 1st half:
--------------------------Ederson
Walker------Kompany---------Stones------Kolarov(sigh)
-------------------------Fernandinho
------------De Bruyne----------------Foden
Roberts/Sterling--------Aguero----------------G.Jesus

Start strong and integrate some of the younger lads 2nd half.

Pre-Match Press Conference:

Last edited:
Fellaini has had game time to warm up his elbows, beware Kun he'll be looking for revenge!

Just to get all the information in one place...

Kicks off Friday 21st at 02:30 (BST) or Thursday 20th at 20:30 (CDT - Houston Time).

The game is being shown on MUTV.

This is the first Manchester Derby to be played overseas. United have already played 2 pre season games, beating La Galaxy 5-2 and Real Salt Lake 2-1, so they should be a bit more match ready.

Current Squad Available
Ederson, Grimshaw, Muric

Walker, Kolarov, Stones, Adarabioyo, Mangala, Denayer, Kompany, Otamendi (Flew out Monday night)

Foden, Silva, Brahim Diaz, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Sterling, Fernandinho, Zinchenko, Roberts, Nasri

Aguero, Gabriel Jesus

Sane and Yaya are expected to fly out on Wednesday, maybe Mendy will be with them...Can't see them being available though.

So are we bothered about the result or is it all about getting fit and sharp for the season?

I would obviously prefer if we won, better for the image of the club beating them in America and we all love getting one over on them. I also want to see how a couple of the younger lads fair; Roberts, Foden and Adarabioyo.

Frustratingly I don't think Pep is going to be able to play the system he wants until we get a pacey, talented left back in place (Mendy), hopefully that is sorted out for the next game.

Pointless line up prediction for the 1st half:
--------------------------Ederson
Walker------Kompany---------Stones------Kolarov(sigh)
-------------------------Fernandinho
------------De Bruyne----------------Silva
Roberts/Sterling--------Aguero----------------G.Jesus

Start strong and integrate some of the younger lads 2nd half.

The word "pacey" doesn't belong in a thread about a pre season friendly. We'll probably lose because they've have had time to adjust to the time difference and they will have had a couple of games. They'll make a big deal about teaching us a football lesson. Bluemoon will be in meltdown. In two months time most of the reactions to the game will be considered to be absurd.

Agree that the result isn't important in the grand scheme of things and it is only a friendly/practice match.

We are over there to make a good account of ourselves though and I'm not sure coming back to training a week later than most other teams and then facing United, who have now played 2 other games already, is good preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.