United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleverley needed 3 loan spells at 3 different clubs before he made an appearance for the rags Micah has only ever played as a professional for MCFC. Beckham is considered a Man Utd homegrown player but joined them at the same age as Micah.

lmjones1uk said:
Out of all the management appointments this summer I have to admit David Moyes was the one that surprised me the most.

I'm looking for reasons why he was chosen and I have to admit there are some striking character similarities to Fergie, so I can imagine he will carry the traditions of Man United forward.

What I'm interested to see though, is how Moyes sets up tactically at Man U. Moyes entire managerial career has seen him play destructive / organised football with an emphasis on defending - this is polar opposite of how Man U player under Fergie. So I can envisage two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Man U play restrictive / destructive football with an emphasis on defending - it maybe successfull but it goes against United values. Only concern here is how will the fans react and more importantly how will the players react being asked to put the hand brake on.

Scenario 2: Moyes sets up his team to continue playing entertaining attacking football. However the concern here is Moyes has no experience in playing this way, also Man U bak room staff were sacked who could have helped here. Man U may see those games where the win by a narrow one goal disappear due to naivety.

What do you think will happen?

Scenario 3: Important opposition players sent off in prior fixture. In "Big" games (Us/Che/Ars/Dippers) influential players sent off and United given soft penalty. End of season despite numerous incidents rags win the title and fair play award as the Premier League don't want their biggest "brand" to fail.

mat said:
lmjones1uk said:
Out of all the management appointments this summer I have to admit David Moyes was the one that surprised me the most.

I'm looking for reasons why he was chosen and I have to admit there are some striking character similarities to Fergie, so I can imagine he will carry the traditions of Man United forward.

What I'm interested to see though, is how Moyes sets up tactically at Man U. Moyes entire managerial career has seen him play destructive / organised football with an emphasis on defending - this is polar opposite of how Man U player under Fergie. So I can envisage two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Man U play restrictive / destructive football with an emphasis on defending - it maybe successfull but it goes against United values. Only concern here is how will the fans react and more importantly how will the players react being asked to put the hand brake on.

Scenario 2: Moyes sets up his team to continue playing entertaining attacking football. However the concern here is Moyes has no experience in playing this way, also Man U bak room staff were sacked who could have helped here. Man U may see those games where the win by a narrow one goal disappear due to naivety.

What do you think will happen?

Scenario 3: Important opposition players sent off in prior fixture. In "Big" games (Us/Che/Ars/Dippers) influential players sent off and United given soft penalty. End of season despite numerous incidents rags win the title and fair play award as the Premier League don't want their biggest "brand" to fail.

League don't want their biggest "brand" to fail. they won't be the biggest brand for long. The premier league need great attacking football teams capable of winning the champions league. Us and maybe Chelsea are the only teams capable of delivering that.
The rags have an old stadium, old defenders, no decent midfielders and they may be losing Rooney, their best player. They will be hard to beat next year, but entertainment nil. The future is blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.