United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a team behind us by 7 points and another team 10 points behind us everyone would laugh at United thinking they are still in the title race with an 11 point gap.

Still baffled they're 2nd and have spent eye watering amounts of money.

They finish most games like a non league team who have a 1 goal lead, holding off a giant in an FA Cup tie. Last man defending and hoofing clear for 20 minutes.

There are at least 5 better teams in this league.
It is a strange thing really. They are in what the network provider world call "best effort" basically you get just enough to stop a revolt, the bare minimum. I do not think it unfair considering their financial outlay on players they have spent to draw a similarity between the two.

Remember they slashed all sections of utd's funding by 11% last year. Does this strike you as a progressive team. Considering the supreme power they had i say they have died by a thousand cuts. They really should be powering on and have a similar strategy to us if they were progressive and dynamic. After all they are a business...but, they are using stingy old skool methods that do not take into account fully all the variables and facets of football in England, we do.

They did very well from one clump of youth in the early 90's which sustained them for 10 years at least. The hassle with the horse owners happened and Ferguson got these lot in. In that sense he very much made utd's bed and set them up for this business model, the best effort model.

They are happy to keep them in a large perpetual debt and make the odd blockbuster shirt selling purchase. I can see them staying their for a hell of a long time keeping this mentality and attitude to the club. For us, we could not ask more. The Glazers are having a party probably now at some glam lakeside house in Nantucket, they could not give a monkeys as long as the cash roles in as it currently is.

In work this morning, I don't think I've ever heard a bunch of fans so gutted despite being second. Talking about ours and Liverpool's performances like orphans discussing Christmas dinner at Buckingham Place.

As we all know and can see, Jose will get you results and some silverware. But they won't enjoy the ride and he'll ultimately leave their team in turmoil. What we are doing so far this season, any team would come off second best to that, but in the face of that the thought of a few more years of hoof ball must be really grinding now. Woodward made a deal with the devil and to hell with the cost, not just financially but also with regards to the supposed core values, because the punters just want to see wins, right?

In work this morning, I don't think I've ever heard a bunch of fans so gutted despite being second. Talking about ours and Liverpool's performances like orphans discussing Christmas dinner at Buckingham Place.

As we all know and can see, Jose will get you results and some silverware. But they won't enjoy the ride and he'll ultimately leave their team in turmoil. What we are doing so far this season, any team would come off second best to that, but in the face of that the thought of a few more years of hoof ball must be really grinding now. Woodward made a deal with the devil and to hell with the cost, not just financially but also with regards to the supposed core values, because the punters just want to see wins, right?

People are dissatisfied because football is more about just points, league tables, and stats; it's about the football, what goes on the pitch. Honestly, it's getting harder and harder to watch us play. I know a lot of football fans will find it weird but I'd rather be in 5th place watching wonderful football than being 2nd or 1st under Mourinho's depressing tactics.

A lot of the season ticket holders I know are caring less and less about the wins everyday because the football is so boring, despite being 2nd place.

It is a strange thing really. They are in what the network provider world call "best effort" basically you get just enough to stop a revolt, the bare minimum. I do not think it unfair considering their financial outlay on players they have spent to draw a similarity between the two.

Remember they slashed all sections of utd's funding by 11% last year. Does this strike you as a progressive team. Considering the supreme power they had i say they have died by a thousand cuts. They really should be powering on and have a similar strategy to us if they were progressive and dynamic. After all they are a business...but, they are using stingy old skool methods that do not take into account fully all the variables and facets of football in England, we do.

They did very well from one clump of youth in the early 90's which sustained them for 10 years at least. The hassle with the horse owners happened and Ferguson got these lot in. In that sense he very much made utd's bed and set them up for this business model, the best effort model.

They are happy to keep them in a large perpetual debt and make the odd blockbuster shirt selling purchase. I can see them staying their for a hell of a long time keeping this mentality and attitude to the club. For us, we could not ask more. The Glazers are having a party probably now at some glam lakeside house in Nantucket, they could not give a monkeys as long as the cash roles in as it currently is.

Good points TC.

I appreciate City are still at the investment phase of their business development with most City earned profits ploughed back into football to develop our plan but will this eventually stop and will our owner be able to allow us to tickover without complacency ?
Profits may then be diverted to expanding CFG members via the Holding Company tax advantages.

The United owners as you say will use their profits to fund whatever they desire whilst playing lip service to the goose that lays the golden egg.

As a United fan, it's actually sad to not only see terrible football being played for 5 years but also seeing a majority of the fanbase defending it because of stat paddling. You can even get banned for criticizing Mourinho.

The actual few talented players we have are being wasted under his football, and I'm quite sure Mourinho is too stubborn to change his ways. Just our luck that a successful manager loses his knack for the game the minute he joins us. When you're struggling to make chances against West Brom, you know in deep shit. I'm not even sure we will finish top 4 this season, Chelsea and the likes will easily catch up.
Come on, you're a City fan, aren't you?

No man u fan would ever talk so much sense in one post.

Don't know if anyone else noticed this , but walking to the game yesterday , just passing under the bridge from Alan Turing Way , I saw two piles of GMP's finest horse manure . In each one some wag had put a card saying ' if found , please return to Old Trafford ' Really put me in a good mood for the game !
Yes saw that, from a distance it looked like people were taking photos of a pile of horse shit and we thought WTF till we got closer and saw the signs

As a United fan, it's actually sad to not only see terrible football being played for 5 years but also seeing a majority of the fanbase defending it because of stat paddling. You can even get banned for criticizing Mourinho.

The actual few talented players we have are being wasted under his football, and I'm quite sure Mourinho is too stubborn to change his ways. Just our luck that a successful manager loses his knack for the game the minute he joins us. When you're struggling to make chances against West Brom, you know in deep shit. I'm not even sure we will finish top 4 this season, Chelsea and the likes will easily catch up.

I am pretty sure that United will make the top 4 as they simply don't lose many games and other than Chelsea the rest of the teams challenging are very inconsistent and are olny a couple of weeks away from a bad result. Saying that, even Chelsea have had a couple of shockers

Good points TC.

I appreciate City are still at the investment phase of their business development with most City earned profits ploughed back into football to develop our plan but will this eventually stop and will our owner be able to allow us to tickover without complacency ?
Profits may then be diverted to expanding CFG members via the Holding Company tax advantages.

The United owners as you say will use their profits to fund whatever they desire whilst playing lip service to the goose that lays the golden egg.
I think we as a whole group will tick over soon enough with us alone able to sustain decent investment to the other clubs. Did you read that Guardian article the other day boss? it noted the smaller clubs we own have all done fantastic. One of them even getting promoted just 6 months after we got them.

I know a bit about networking, a bit about encoding, a bit about painting and decorating the house and how to change a light bulb. Financial stuff is not my forte by a long way but even i can see this will make other clubs shit themselves. Barcelona especially are spitting their dummy out as they have missed the bus.

This was all started a long long time ago, since players had transfer fees, business models were always the end game. Everyone stayed stuck in a rut, even Barca after the revolution circa 2k. They had the chance and said "nay lad", where as we have said to Soriano "fill yer boots lad". I feel the astute nature of Khaldoon could never be underestimated here. He has a calm aura about him i saw with Soriano on that Barca documentary, they both speak to a similar goal in the same manner.

We indeed will be the mothership you allude to in my opinion, it follows cold logic to me and is less an opinion but more of a confident forecast if you want business talk hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.