United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The doping fabrication is the latest in a long line of attempts to shift the battleground. It's a tired old tactic used by many in history and politics. They have lost the battle on the actual football pitch - you know, the one where 11 players play football against another 11 players, on grass. To be honest, they haven't just lost that battle, they've been obliterated, smashed, dismembered, devoured and spat out. Their beaten team are left waving a big white flag. And as our victors disappear over the horizon, what are they left with? A manager who has conceded the title (in February), a piano playing mercenary who misses open goals, a couple of dabbers, (admittedly, with huge Instagram followings - fair play), and a young star of the future who has so much time on his hands now that he's no longer playing football, that he dresses up his dog.

So the fans try to move the battleground elsewhere. In a footballing sense, it's quite literally an attempt to move the goal posts. It doesn't matter where - doping, money, attendances, shirt sales, noodle sponsorships etc., just so long as it's not actual football. Let them. There's only one battle that matters.

If you look at the way the two clubs conduct their business its like chalk and cheese.

We invest money to win at football
They play football to make money

I see an United fan that lives down the street last month when they were signing Sanchez, he was gloating how United were going to catch us up, think it was a day after we lost to Liverpool. See him again last night and he said Sanchez has only joined them for the money. Fucking brilliant, I love football at the minute.

The doping fabrication is the latest in a long line of attempts to shift the battleground. It's a tired old tactic used by many in history and politics. They have lost the battle on the actual football pitch - you know, the one where 11 players play football against another 11 players, on grass. To be honest, they haven't just lost that battle, they've been obliterated, smashed, dismembered, devoured and spat out. Their beaten team are left waving a big white flag. And as our victors disappear over the horizon, what are they left with? A manager who has conceded the title (in February), a piano playing mercenary who misses open goals, a couple of dabbers, (admittedly, with huge Instagram followings - fair play), and a young star of the future who has so much time on his hands now that he's no longer playing football, that he dresses up his dog.

So the fans try to move the battleground elsewhere. In a footballing sense, it's quite literally an attempt to move the goal posts. It doesn't matter where - doping, money, attendances, shirt sales, noodle sponsorships etc., just so long as it's not actual football. Let them. There's only one battle that matters.

To be fair, there were loads on Bluemoon claiming Leicester players were being drugged up in the their title winning season.

To be fair, there were loads on Bluemoon claiming Leicester players were being drugged up in the their title winning season.

I was one of them. But even now something about them winning the league just doesn't sit right with me. I don't believe in fairy-tales, miracles and the like, so the fact that a team who had escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth (at one stage seven points adrift at the foot of the table) one season, replace the manager in the summer, and win the Premier League the following season for the first time in their history...?

As I say, something just isn't right.

I was one of them. But even now something about them winning the league just doesn't sit right with me. I don't believe in fairy-tales, miracles and the like, so the fact that a team who had escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth (at one stage seven points adrift at the foot of the table) one season, replace the manager in the summer, and win the Premier League the following season for the first time in their history...?

As I say, something just isn't right.
What wasn't right was the form of the other potential contenders. Chelsea imploded with Eva-gate, the rags were stumbling along under Van Gaal, Spurs and Arsenal bottled it as per usual and we struggled for consistency with Pellegrini in his last season and the distraction of Pep's impending arrival. It was the sort of once in a generation set of circumstances that favoured an outsider who could put together a decent run of results.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/pep-doping.434780/
This thread gets more bitter every time we win.
Uncanny that it started after we beat them at the mardarse arena.
Some absolute belters in it.
It makes sense that they would love the prospect of us getting done for doping as it would probably disqualify us and give it to the 2nd place team, funny that they actually believe they will come 2nd

What wasn't right was the form of the other potential contenders. Chelsea imploded with Eva-gate, the rags were stumbling along under Van Gaal, Spurs and Arsenal bottled it as per usual and we struggled for consistency with Pellegrini in his last season and the distraction of Pep's impending arrival. It was the sort of once in a generation set of circumstances that favoured an outsider who could put together a decent run of results.
And we were just totally useless that season lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.