United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time United played next 9 game I think we will have made the G A P bigger
55dd72b1365507f0e25daa.jpg
and Liverpool and Spurs will be in 2nd and 3rd spots respectively.

Barthez
Blanc
Van der sarr
Kleberson
Mata
Schweinsteiger

And David silva is a serving city player, along with viera.... there's more I'm sure!!!

But none was a serving United player at the time they played in a World Cup final which is the criterion I was using. Barthez played for United between 2000 and 2004 either side of his appearances in the 1998 and 2006 finals. Blanc didn't play in the 1998 final but didn't join United until 2001 anyway. Van der Sar and Mata never played in a World Cup final. Kleberson was playing in Brazil in 2002 and didn't join United until 2003. Schweinsteiger didn't join United until a year after the 2014 final.

Silva didn't play in the 2010 final but got a winner's medal as a squad member and having played in earlier games. Vieira didn't join City until 4 years after he won the World Cup in 2006.

If we're counting non-serving players we could add Navas and United could add Romero and Rojo too.

But none was a serving United player at the time they played in a World Cup final which is the criterion I was using. Barthez played for United between 2000 and 2004 either side of his appearances in the 1998 and 2006 finals. Blanc didn't play in the 1998 final but didn't join United until 2001 anyway. Van der Sar and Mata never played in a World Cup final. Kleberson was playing in Brazil in 2002 and didn't join United until 2003. Schweinsteiger didn't join United until a year after the 2014 final.

Silva didn't play in the 2010 final but got a winner's medal as a squad member and having played in earlier games. Vieira didn't join City until 4 years after he won the World Cup in 2006.

If we're counting non-serving players we could add Navas and United could add Romero and Rojo too.

That 2010 Dutch side was fucking awful, God knows how they got that far.

Wasted talent. Perhaps it was more graft over here than he was willing to put in?

He got kicked to bits.
When Hughes got his team all wrong at Spurs, Huddlestone followed him across the pitch in about the 5th minute and openly kicked him in the ankle. The linesman saw it and called the ref over. The ref... had a word, and nothing else. Robinho disappeared for the rest of the game.

I assume it happened in other matches.

I think City bid for about five elite level strikers - Berbatov was one, resulting in Ferguson kidnapping him at the airport and having to buy Spurs off with Frasier Campbell for a season - all on the same day. At least that's what beer-addled memory says.

That 2010 Dutch side was fucking awful, God knows how they got that far.
They had Sneijder and Robben at the very height of their game, a piss easy group, a piss easy second round tie, an extremely biased and favourable ref against Brazil in the quarters and played a poor Uruguay side in the semis instead of a great Ghana side that were cheated in the quarters. Oh and Van Bommel and Nige were given immunity to red cards throughout the tournament.

They had Sneijder and Robben at the very height of their game, a piss easy group, a piss easy second round tie, an extremely biased and favourable ref against Brazil in the quarters and played a poor Uruguay side in the semis instead of a great Ghana side that were cheated in the quarters. Oh and Van Bommel and Nige were given immunity to red cards throughout the tournament.

Yep, do remember the immunity, especially Van Bommel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.