United U18's v City U18's (a win will give us the Northern League title)

The thing missing from that match was the completely unwarrented, from nowhere, rag penalty. Otherwise normal service.

The passing City produced until they got a bit tired late on, was imo smarter than that seen at first team level. But it was the same in the game two years ago, when the rags couldn't get out of their own half then either.

The closer the kids get to the first team, the less clever the passing gets imo.

lol given the blatant penalty we didn't get in the first half (two in one attack) I half expected the same. And late on they did actually get into our area and one of them fell over and there was an appeal so I was concerned. Closer to a booking for diving than a penalty but with refereeing these days you can never be certain. The standard of the reffing I thought was in keeping with what we see in the premiership....awful.

On the match we obviously should have won with some ease but we missed two many chances simple as that. Typically the one break they had and they get the break of the ball to score.From there we didn't look as assured/composed as the nerves and anxiety set in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.