US Blues.... NBC changes this coming season

I'm possibly going to be working out in the Western States for a bit; staring in September, and I'm probably not going to have decent internet (limited possibility of streaming). What are my options for watching City?

I really don't fancy going to a bar at 0700 on Saturday morning for a 3pm KO.
Most of the City games will be on NBCSN, NBC, CNBC, etc. There will be at a minimum 3 that are not and likely a handful of others beyond that. These you can only view online if you buy their $50 package. My guess is there will be about 32 or so games that are viewable on TV and 6 that aren't. Pacific time zone is tough for fans -- sometimes the games will kick off at 4:45 AM. There's usually about 6-8 of the early games a season if I had to guess.

Most of the City games will be on NBCSN, NBC, CNBC, etc. There will be at a minimum 3 that are not and likely a handful of others beyond that. These you can only view online if you buy their $50 package. My guess is there will be about 32 or so games that are viewable on TV and 6 that aren't. Pacific time zone is tough for fans -- sometimes the games will kick off at 4:45 AM. There's usually about 6-8 of the early games a season if I had to guess.
Cheers.

The Chelsea game kicks off at 1730, every other game kicks off at 1500, apart from the Arsenal game which is yet to be determined (possibly an early one).

This doesn't matter i'll be at the pub anyways, join your local MC supporters group and show up to the pub. Unfortunately, the folks running the MCFC Denver group seem to want to share a pub with Chelsea and the Rags. Makes for a really annoying watching experience, with all those douchebags around. Tottenham has probably the best setup in Denver, they have their own pub and aren't connected with all the "others"

Sadly, pubs will be affected most, they will need a TV stick for every receiver IF they want to show every game. It looks like just the 10am Saturday games will be affected, NBC is using 3 channels at the same time for the biggest 10am EST games. The early KO Sat morning and the 12.30pm EST KO is safe as they are on the main NBC channels. I think all the Sunday games are safe too as they will use the main 3 channels again. Some midweek Tuesday and Wednesday games will be streamed when they have 4/5 games on each day. They plan to release who plays on what channel 4/5 days prior to the game.

My mate has a "jail broke" Firestick, you see them for sale on craigslist and the Let's go app. They are dodgy as in they have been "unlocked" to get pretty much everything, PPV, movies etc etc. I'm curious if it will work and open these streaming games.

I pay 140 dollars for my Internet/Cable Package. If NBC wants me to get an extra deal they can kiss my ass.

TV schedule available here for USA based fans:
http://worldsoccertalk.com/premier-league-tv-schedule/
It looks like the first four of our PL matches are on NBC or NBCSN. The Watford away match on Sept. 16 is the first one I expect we will be schlepping for a stream.
I just looked at that Watford date and it lists three other games for the $50 Premier League package and the Watford game says TV to be determined, so should be OK.... (here's hoping)
I didn't realise that the new deal included 3 x 3pm (UK) games now being on the NBC network so not all bad news.

Well boo fucking hoo. We don't get any Saturday 15:00 games shown live on tele here so if City are playing an away game I can't afford to go to or City play on a Sunday and I fancy watching a random 15:00 I have to scratch around the internet for shit streams or the dreaded radio commentary.

I don't see why other counties around the world get to see any game at any time when the country of origin of the games can't.

Well boo fucking hoo. We don't get any Saturday 15:00 games shown live on tele here so if City are playing an away game I can't afford to go to or City play on a Sunday and I fancy watching a random 15:00 I have to scratch around the internet for shit streams or the dreaded radio commentary.

I don't see why other counties around the world get to see any game at any time when the country of origin of the games can't.
Because the rules were put in place here to make sure people attended games rather than sitting at home and watching it on TV because it was the easier option

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.