US Blues.... NBC changes this coming season

Because the rules were put in place here to make sure people attended games rather than sitting at home and watching it on TV because it was the easier option
They will do similar for games in the States often times. If a game isn't sold out it will/can be blacked out on stations in the local viewing region.

Same idea, get locals off their sofas and into stadium seats.

Because the rules were put in place here to make sure people attended games rather than sitting at home and watching it on TV because it was the easier option
12:30 17:30 Sat
13:30 16:00 Sun
20:00 Mon
19:45 Tue+Wed
KO times don't seem to make everyone sit at home and watch it on tele.

Well boo fucking hoo. We don't get any Saturday 15:00 games shown live on tele here so if City are playing an away game I can't afford to go to or City play on a Sunday and I fancy watching a random 15:00 I have to scratch around the internet for shit streams or the dreaded radio commentary.

I don't see why other counties around the world get to see any game at any time when the country of origin of the games can't.

At least you have a choice to go, for us ex-Pats, we don't enjoy that luxury.

Furthermore, who rattled your cage on this anyway, its no skin off your nose either way and you obviously haven't researched the issue properly, before spouting off and therefore, you clearly do not comprehend exactly what the issue is, for us exiled Blues in the US!

Well boo fucking hoo. We don't get any Saturday 15:00 games shown live on tele here so if City are playing an away game I can't afford to go to or City play on a Sunday and I fancy watching a random 15:00 I have to scratch around the internet for shit streams or the dreaded radio commentary.

I don't see why other counties around the world get to see any game at any time when the country of origin of the games can't.

Must be nice. When I lived there you didn't get any live games at all.
That's why we waited outside the papershop for the football pink to arrive.

Is the general feeling this is worth subscribing to, or that we'll be good for the vast majority and just hunt down a stream for the missing few?

$50 for the year is probably worth it? $4 per month? They really missed an opportunity to do an MLB At Bat kind of thing, but I guess Comcast owning NBC meant that was unlikely. Premier League should do it themselves.

I'm somewhat torn on this as well. I'm annoyed that this change screws up a set up that was great. Between satellite, internet and various streaming services I already pay for, I'm not anxious to add yet another bill to that list. But, that being said, as SalfordCityBlue points out , $4 per month doesn't seem too bad. So, I'm still on the fence on this one.

I'm somewhat torn on this as well. I'm annoyed that this change screws up a set up that was great. Between satellite, internet and various streaming services I already pay for, I'm not anxious to add yet another bill to that list. But, that being said, as SalfordCityBlue points out , $4 per month doesn't seem too bad. So, I'm still on the fence on this one.

As you say it is 4 dollars a month. If 4 matches a year are on there and not on TV it's roughly 12 dollars a match. Is City worth 12 dollars for a single match? For me personally yeah they definitely are and I've signed up already.

Last edited:
so are we guessing there will be about 4 games that we will need to use this streaming service for?

Can't afford to go to an away match? Do you have any idea how much it costs me to go to a City home match??

I know, I know -- us outsiders are ruining City. We'll be quiet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.