US immigration question

Swales lives

I know it'a over still I cling, I don't know where
a mate of mine (yes a mate) has a couple of criminal offences (minor ones - no jail, just fines for drunk & disorderly and an ABH),
dating back about 25 yrs ago. No mither since.

He wants to emigrate to the U.S. should he mention them, or deny he's got a record.
Would a police check go back this far? Any proper advice would be appreciated.

He'll probably be okay , sometimes they let things like that go i've heard , but he SHOULD declare it ..... if they catch him lyin' they'll fuck him off right away.

I don't think the US are quite as strict on refusin' people as say , Canada , for example ..... although recent terror laws could well have made them so.

An' they WILL find out the truth ......... even if any convictions are well spent by now , your name (an' crime details) stay on the national police computer for a HUNDRED YEARS , believe it or not!

Best to declare it an' take your chances.

black mamba said:
He'll probably be okay , sometimes they let things like that go i've heard , but he SHOULD declare it ..... if they catch him lyin' they'll fuck him off right away.

I don't think the US are quite as strict on refusin' people as say , Canada , for example ..... although recent terror laws could well have made them so.

An' they WILL find out the truth ......... even if any convictions are well spent by now , your name (an' crime details) stay on the national police computer for a HUNDRED YEARS , believe it or not!

Best to declare it an' take your chances.

Cheers mate, I'll tell him... he wanted to chance it but I told him he should come clean. Good to hear it from someone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.