USA vs Argentina

KansasCITY

Could be a pretty good game.

If both teams play their starters (Is Tevez fit? I'm on vacation and am away from Fox Soccer Channel so I don't get any football news) I figure they'll beat us about 3-1.

I think it's a full USA team, bar Holden. Shame that MLS has matchdays on international dates instead of taking that weekend off, it really rips off the paying fans who have to pay the same money to watch a lot of teams play backup players.

(I know there will be sly remarks about there being no international players in MLS, but nowadays that's just not true).

Messi is starting for Argentina so they're playing a strong team and there will be 80,000 people (though like most US games a majority will be for the opposing team, will still be a good atmosphere)

I love the new kit they're going to debut.

0D9DA4D36AF64F5F9D775F969CD5EA6F.ashx

Andouble said:
I think it's a full USA team, bar Holden. Shame that MLS has matchdays on international dates instead of taking that weekend off, it really rips off the paying fans who have to pay the same money to watch a lot of teams play backup players.

(I know there will be sly remarks about there being no international players in MLS, but nowadays that's just not true).

Messi is starting for Argentina so they're playing a strong team and there will be 80,000 people (though like most US games a majority will be for the opposing team, will still be a good atmosphere)

I love the new kit they're going to debut.

0D9DA4D36AF64F5F9D775F969CD5EA6F.ashx

I love the new kit too. With Tevez and Holden out, I imagine play won't be as open as it would've been. They're the better team, but I can see us getting a draw. The crowd at the Meadowlands is always loud and I figure Argentina will have a good away crowd too. Can't wait to watch.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:58 am --<br /><br />The only problem with the new kit is it costs $160 dollars. Would be surprised if any fans buy it at all.

debatable to say whether tevez would have played anyway, I think Argentina coach has his eyes set on Messi as most advanced central striker like for Barca.

Villan10 said:
debatable to say whether tevez would have played anyway, I think Argentina coach has his eyes set on Messi as most advanced central striker like for Barca.

I know what you're saying mate, messi can play on either flank and cut inside or play the "free roll" where he is very effective. All i will say is if Tevez plays there is more chance of the team winning. In other words if you have him use him. Glad he stayed home anyway ;)

Yes, he can play those roles but is that getting the best out of your best player?

More chance of moving Tevez wide and playing as right sided or left sided forward IMO, although if you look at the way Villa plays for Barca, Tevez could play that role, coming in from the left.

Don't think Tevez should be starting for the Argentine team. There are other players who fit the system better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.