USB Stick - 'You need to format the disk'.

ForzaMancini

Hey, so I have a TV shows downloaded onto a memory stick. I plugged it into my laptop and it worked fine, all the files were there and ran without any problem. Then, when I went to load it up again, it displayed the files that were previously on the stick. I removed the USB and placed it back in, but now it says 'You need to format the disk'. I've tried using the 'find and mount' app to remedy this but to no avail. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

Right click the disk in control panel (after backing up files) click "format" choose the opposite to what it is now so if fat32 change it to ntfs and vice versa.
Hit quick format button and your done in about 15 seconds. Put data back and your done.

TCIB said:
Right click the disk in control panel (after backing up files) click "format" choose the opposite to what it is now so if fat32 change it to ntfs and vice versa.
Hit quick format button and your done in about 15 seconds. Put data back and your done.

Thanks for the response. How do I back up the files without being able to access them though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.