Using Disabled Toilets

I am recovering from bowel cancer when I had 2/3rds of my bowel removed and had a stoma bag I am not wheel chaired bound. Stoma bag reversed now but when I need to go to the toilet I need to go and this could last a life time however long I have (given 50% chance to beat it)! Disabled toilets are a godsend to me and I would be stuck at home if it wasn't for them.
I get some looks when I go in and come out of disabled toilets I feel like lifting my top up to show the great big scars all over my abdomen and my stoma bag (when I had one) but I should not have to justify myself! I do not ask people in wheelchairs to prove they cant walk without one like, is it Lou in Little Britain!

Unlike Disable Parking Spots I don't think the same "though shall not use it you selfish able bodied bastards" approach applies

I am recovering from bowel cancer when I had 2/3rds of my bowel removed and had a stoma bag I am not wheel chaired bound. Stoma bag reversed now but when I need to go to the toilet I need to go and this could last a life time however long I have (given 50% chance to beat it)! Disabled toilets are a godsend to me and I would be stuck at home if it wasn't for them.
I get some looks when I go in and come out of disabled toilets I feel like lifting my top up to show the great big scars all over my abdomen and my stoma bag (when I had one) but I should not have to justify myself! I do not ask people in wheelchairs to prove they cant walk without one like, is it Lou in Little Britain!

Great post. Anyone who thinks when they see a seemingly able bodied person using disabled facilities that they are ok and don't need them should keep their fuckin noses out.

Can understand the with child spaces need to be wider with child seats etc but why do they need to be next to the door those should be for people with limited mobility

Yes, never understood this. Why should they get priority? If anything, a lot of the mothers (and fathers) could do with the extra exercise. Kids probably too since obesity levels are increasing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.