Uwe Rosler - Fleetwood Town Manager

there doing great,Skunny got beat again tonight so 3 points clear and a game in hand for 2nd spot,the ground is in spitting distance from me and the set up they have is bang on, on the negative side its a shame they will never pull more than 3k home fans so god knows what they will do if another promotion follows into the premiership,cant see them on a ground share with Blackpool maybe Preston, would the premiership permit such a small stadium at Fleetwood?

there doing great,Skunny got beat again tonight so 3 points clear and a game in hand for 2nd spot,the ground is in spitting distance from me and the set up they have is bang on, on the negative side its a shame they will never pull more than 3k home fans so god knows what they will do if another promotion follows into the premiership,cant see them on a ground share with Blackpool maybe Preston, would the premiership permit such a small stadium at Fleetwood?

Also not too far from me either and I've been a few times. I expect some of the disillusioned Blackpool fans will start going there with the higher standard of football on offer so the crowd will pick up.

The difference between getting into the Championship and staying there is vast. I'd say the difference between the Championship and League 1 is now considerably bigger than the gap between the Premier League and the Championship. They wont be competing to go up to the Premier League anytime soon and I would fully expect them to go straight back down within 2 seasons.

Uwe has done an incredible job under the circumstances, and will be poached by a bigger club before the end of next season.

He might not be quite so keen to jump ship though after what happened with him going from Brentford to Wigan and how that eventually worked out. I'd like to see him get them up and consolidate them in the Championship for at least a season before moving on again.

How many does Flyde's new ground hold lol

About 6k for now, but Fleetwood can expand fairly easily if it was ever required (if granted planning permission).

Two of the stands are tiny, but they've not got the fan base to justify expansion.

if memory serves me, i think anymore building would be near to impossible, the parkside stand 'the new one' was built to council limits, the memorial stand behind the goal same again, the Highbury stand along the pitch possible but i have heard FT only own the first one metre of land from the touch line, I think there is some sort of private club house there or something that actually owns the land up to that one metre boundry, the away end has houses backed right up to the rear of the stand so other than compulsory purchase of the club and houses which they would never be granted the only option would be to purchase the houses to demolish, far better option and probably cheaper would be to develop the new training pitches at pool foot and purchase the old terraced ICI houses to demolish and move there, they could build a cracking little stadium that could acom say 15k, 2nd option is how much land is available surrounding Fleetwood tip or the wyre waste recycle plant further down Fleetwood road that place is closing down soon

if memory serves me, i think anymore building would be near to impossible, the parkside stand 'the new one' was built to council limits, the memorial stand behind the goal same again, the Highbury stand along the pitch possible but i have heard FT only own the first one metre of land from the touch line, I think there is some sort of private club house there or something that actually owns the land up to that one metre boundry, the away end has houses backed right up to the rear of the stand so other than compulsory purchase of the club and houses which they would never be granted the only option would be to purchase the houses to demolish, far better option and probably cheaper would be to develop the new training pitches at pool foot and purchase the old terraced ICI houses to demolish and move there, they could build a cracking little stadium that could acom say 15k, 2nd option is how much land is available surrounding Fleetwood tip or the wyre waste recycle plant further down Fleetwood road that place is closing down soon
Don't you think that option would be killed off without big improvements to the access routes? The current access roads are fairly narrow and I suspect the locals would fight it tooth and nail.

The 2nd option would be more feasible though siting it near the tip could mean a novel cause for an abandonment - gull attacks!

Both of the stands you mentioned currently only cover about 1/2 of the pitch. There is a social club in the corner that could be bought and relocated fairly easily I'd imagine.
soccer-sky-bet-league-two-fleetwood-town-v-oxford-united-highbury-g6mcex.jpg

Even if they were replaced by stands which were the same height, it would be a cheap option of adding a couple of thousand to the capacity. I think the problem remains that they would struggle to attract that sort of increase, even in the Championship.

AFC Fylde have a much better catchment area, and in my opinion a better chance of achieving a higher average attendence (once they get to the league)

He might not be quite so keen to jump ship though after what happened with him going from Brentford to Wigan and how that eventually worked out. I'd like to see him get them up and consolidate them in the Championship for at least a season before moving on again.

I know it's usually personal ambition and money why successful managers move on to bigger jobs but they all end up being sacked anyway.

I would admire a manager who is building a club for once just to continue until at least it stars to fall apart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.