Uwe Rosler video

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 17 Apr 2017.

1. warpig

warpig

Came over to England and we gave him the full English breakfast and going out to the pub to drink guiness! Brilliant haha! I liked the segment at platt lane where he signed autographs. Those were the days when you could watch the first team train on the sidelines. How times change. I used to go near enough every lunchtime when I was at xaverian. Good times.

2. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

rag hater
    The first match I attended after Uwe signed was the Newcastle game, in which David Brightwell scored his one and only goal for City. It was only a few weeks after he'd joined us.

Chants of "Uwe!" "Uwe!" "Uwe!" Were prominent throughout the game and I couldn't believe how quickly the fans had taken him to their hearts.

A great character, who always put in the effort and is City through and through.

3. Tanzeylee

Tanzeylee

I've got one in me attic somewhere

4. Stretch

Stretch

Pissin my sides. Can you imagine a fry up like that being dished out by the club today. Great film though.

5. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

Great video.... feel old watching that....

6. Bellamy's Caddy

Bellamy's Caddy

Really enjoyed watching it, but it did depress me when they mentioned Uwe being 27 at the time of filming and me realising I'm 5 years older than him... ouch.

Loved seeing the clips from Platt Lane, Joe Royle described it as a crèche when he took over, he was right but it was great fun as a kid getting to meet your heroes and virtually join in with training.

7. mainemanc1066

mainemanc1066

This one brought chills. Great stuf...

8. nijinsky

nijinsky

Loved the bit about his special matchday routine. More or less, gets up, has some brekkie, bit of uspecified exercise ;) , goes and plays footie at 3 pm.
    That and the fry ups and Guiness no wonder the fans could relate to him. He was exactly like half the lads watching him.
    What a world away from Pep and the City of 2017. Thanks for posting.

9. franksinatra

franksinatra

Great to see and remember those times as we played some great stuff under Horton.

Remember seeing him at a Bredbury supporters club meeting and suggesting Dirk Kuyt was the only modern player similar to him (his bustling style and all never say die attitude) Went down like a lead balloon with the audience and Uwe.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2017
  10. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking