VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
However “honest” the tweet is, it’s reactionary and without any proof of what they are claiming.

They'll have the book thrown at them and nothing will happen about PGMOL.

It’s the kind of thing blokes say to each other in the pub, not in their job or in court.
I wouldn't say it's reactionary, Nottingham Forest and the PGMOL have had numerous encounters this season and being honest Nottingham Forest got done by some really bad decisions this season.

They have obviously just had enough of the PGMOL, This was the final nail in the coffin for them against Everton.

I genuinely have no problem with their statement, For some strange reason there's always this atmosphere surrounding the PGMOL that they shouldn't be tackled or questioned by clubs regarding their decisions in games.

It's becoming "every game" now that they make a mistake and some massive mistakes at that, Forest have to stick their guns now and go all out on the PGMOL whether that will have any effect is another thing unless other clubs follow suit.

VAR has it's good points of course it does, But far more bad points that good in my opinion. Personally I'd love it done away with.

I know lower league clubs have being asking for VAR in their retrospective leagues, I don't think they want it for good of the game, They feel like there's too much money involved in Relegation and especially Promotion and they reckon VAR would help the cause although I'm pretty sure they'd change their tune after a couple of weeks.

Either way something has to give because it's simply not working.

I wouldn't say it's reactionary, Nottingham Forest and the PGMOL have had numerous encounters this season and being honest Nottingham Forest got done by some really bad decisions this season.

They have obviously just had enough of the PGMOL, This was the final nail in the coffin for them against Everton.

I genuinely have no problem with their statement, For some strange reason there's always this atmosphere surrounding the PGMOL that they shouldn't be tackled or questioned by clubs regarding their decisions in games.

It's becoming "every game" now that they make a mistake and some massive mistakes at that, Forest have to stick their guns now and go all out on the PGMOL whether that will have any effect is another thing unless other clubs follow suit.

VAR has it's good points of course it does, But far more bad points that good in my opinion. Personally I'd love it done away with.

I know lower league clubs have being asking for VAR in their retrospective leagues, I don't think they want it for good of the game, They feel like there's too much money involved in Relegation and especially Promotion and they reckon VAR would help the cause although I'm pretty sure they'd change their tune after a couple of weeks.

Either way something has to give because it's simply not working.
It was sent out just after the final whistle. It’s the definition of reactionary.

I’m not sure what they are trying to achieve by doing this as it’ll annoy the authorities and is more likely to be detrimental to Forest than beneficial.

Leeds 3rd goal tonight was offside. It could make them £100m.

Season ticket holder at West Ham for over 30 years, Can only recall a handful of games where VAR has been detrimental - been a couple times of frustrating wait for the outcome but majority of games VAR is hardly involved.

can recall plenty of times pre VAR when a ref has completely ruined the match with a sending off that shouldn't have been, or a goal against us that was offside, or a player had made a clear dive against us to win a pen. Most matches were completely hostile towards the ref and bad decisions from the officials was the main talking point from pretty much every match.
So you celebrate each and every goal in the same way as you did pre-VAR? No holding back? Maybe you need a moment like we had against Spurs in the Champions League to understand how that feels.

It was sent out just after the final whistle. It’s the definition of reactionary.

I’m not sure what they are trying to achieve by doing this as it’ll annoy the authorities and is more likely to be detrimental to Forest than beneficial.

Leeds 3rd goal tonight was offside. It could make them £100m.
I'd say Nottingham Forest had Microsoft Word opened as soon as the first penalty shout wasn't given :)

It's one of those things that has been building up with Nottingham Forest and had it planned that next time it goes against them that's that. I certainly don't think it's a case of them doing it there and then as Nottingham Forest and PGMOL have been clashing all season, The timing of the email straight after the final whistle was silly as it's making them look like cunts.

Leeds played Sunderland two weeks ago, A Sunderland player punched the ball away from a corner and Leeds should have had a blatant penalty that night but it didn't get given. Then they go and get one in their favour tonight. It swings round in roundabouts as they say.

I think the conclusion of it all just sums up that football is in a bad place at the minute regarding the whole VAR situation.

So you celebrate each and every goal in the same way as you did pre-VAR? No holding back? Maybe you need a moment like we had against Spurs in the Champions League to understand how that feels.

we've had more VAR decisions go against us than most clubs, stats for that. sure it's heart-breaking and gutting when you feel hard done by - but for me, i take more comfort knowing a goal is being correctly awarded - of course, when it's not correctly awarded then yes, its infuriating and understandable to be outraged albeit every clubs screams corruption which gets tedious. VAR will never be flawless, that's the major problem.

As for celebrating the same, i'd say i do really - you can see that in the stands every PL ground when a goal goes in. sometimes i have a seed of doubt if i think could be an offside or foul in lead up - as a positive it's a bigger relief when given and less suprising if ruled out.

we've had more VAR decisions go against us than most clubs, stats for that. sure it's heart-breaking and gutting when you feel hard done by - but for me, i take more comfort knowing a goal is being correctly awarded - of course, when it's not correctly awarded then yes, its infuriating and understandable to be outraged albeit every clubs screams corruption which gets tedious. VAR will never be flawless, that's the major problem.
Completely misses the point that VAR ruins the game for the match going fan.

VAR is designed to add drama and storylines… to make the PL go down to the last day where possible, for the drama of the as it stands league table brought up during the televised games on the final day. Imagine a final day where relegation has been decided, league winners have been decided and the top four has been decided. The amount of advertising revenue lost (especially overseas) would be huge, as no arm chair fans are watching that.

Yesterday is an example of this is play. A Coventry vs City final would have no where near the international pull for TV audiences as a Manchester derby final does.

Money talks, and money breeds corruption. Unfortunately it seems the PL haven’t informed most of the clubs they are now effectively in a WWE style sport.

I'd say Nottingham Forest had Microsoft Word opened as soon as the first penalty shout wasn't given :)

It's one of those things that has been building up with Nottingham Forest and had it planned that next time it goes against them that's that. I certainly don't think it's a case of them doing it there and then as Nottingham Forest and PGMOL have been clashing all season, The timing of the email straight after the final whistle was silly as it's making them look like cunts.

Leeds played Sunderland two weeks ago, A Sunderland player punched the ball away from a corner and Leeds should have had a blatant penalty that night but it didn't get given. Then they go and get one in their favour tonight. It swings round in roundabouts as they say.

I think the conclusion of it all just sums up that football is in a bad place at the minute regarding the whole VAR situation.

It seems certain to me that it was pre planned. The Twitter person for a professional football club won’t be given licence to Tweet things like that off their own back. And this Tweet was sent, I read, five minutes after the final whistle.

It’s the “Exploring all options”nonsense that gets me. What exactly are these options, except for publicly crying about how hard done by they are? As they seem to have been doing ever since they got promoted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.