VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had Radio 5 Live on for the 2nd half of the Arse game. Every one of the punters with Chapman in the studio said the Bournemouth goal should stand 100% and the ref would be referred to the monitor. There were audible gasps of disbelief when VAR didn't intervene. Peter Bankes should be stood down at the very least before a double apology from Howard Webb. Not that the apologies do any good when VAR (in current guise) isn't fit for purpose @BlueHammer85
It was highly debateable that the first penalty was legitimate.... has to be when Merson even says.. "No, No way is that a pen, I'd be very suprised if the ref gives that".... he obviously never read the memo.

I’ll be consistent for @bridgeno1, Arsenals wasn’t a pen and neither was that we’ve just got. Standard of refereeing in this country is very poor, it’s killing the game
When a team attacks a lot they are bound to get more decisions as there are more opportunities to give one. I'm fine with City being awarded the pen, statistically they create a lot of opportunities to be awarded one, just like Arsenal do.

When a team attacks a lot they are bound to get more decisions as there are more opportunities to give one. I'm fine with City being awarded the pen, statistically they create a lot of opportunities to be awarded one, just like Arsenal do.

Honestly mate, stats and all that mean fuck all. You saying you’re ’fine’ with City being awarded a pen because we attack more is everything that’s wrong. You should get decisions if you’ve been done wrong, end of.

Honestly mate, stats and all that mean fuck all. You saying you’re ’fine’ with City being awarded a pen because we attack more is everything that’s wrong. You should get decisions if you’ve been done wrong, end of.
Of course but refs are human and make mistakes. Say 1 in every 10 or so penalty decisions is a howler. So if as a team you create 20 more chances to get a pen than another team then you'd on balance get another 2 pens. You'll also statistically get more going the other way too where the ref doesn't award them and that's a howler too. So probably evens out over a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.