VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why the fuck can't "the best and most valuable league in the world" just have this?

"Penalty to United" every fucking week.

It's a start but I'd like us to hear all the convos to sooth my paranoia that when were involved Coote isn't saying "In the laws of the game it's a red card, but as it's City...Fuck em!"

I’m going to sound like a broken record. But all this talk about tweaking the offside rule, VAR comms, etc…

When are they going to fix the fucking timekeeping?!

It is so… fucking… easy… to fix. Just stop the fucking clock when the ball is dead and play a fixed amount of time. We’ve had this technology for like a hundred years. Why do we persist with halves of arbitrary length when the solution is so fucking obvious? I’m going to lose my goddamn mind if somebody doesn’t fix it soon. If I have to watch another season where a Forest player is injured for 2 minutes of the 3 added on and the ref still blows on 92.55, I swear it’s gonna make me pack it all in. Then the next day Arsenal get 52 minutes added because Jesus needs a concussion check in the 2nd minute.

I would estimate the timekeeping completely ruins about a quarter of the games I watch. Because one team is either rolling around playing for time, or the ref puts some absurd made up number on the board.

Please, for the love of god, fix it.

Of course I know the reason they won’t is it allows them to manipulate the “excitement levels” to their desire. But I’m so fucking sick of it.

Just watched twenty second of the women's world cup, USA Vs Vietnam I think. Two crap var decisions in USA's favour, a penalty where the USA player initiates contacts and then a goal awarded after var review despite the USA player being clearly offside and touching the ball, then blocking the keeper's view.

I've gone from welcoming the technology, to frustrated, to actually hating it now.

I’m going to sound like a broken record. But all this talk about tweaking the offside rule, VAR comms, etc…

When are they going to fix the fucking timekeeping?!

It is so… fucking… easy… to fix. Just stop the fucking clock when the ball is dead and play a fixed amount of time. We’ve had this technology for like a hundred years. Why do we persist with halves of arbitrary length when the solution is so fucking obvious? I’m going to lose my goddamn mind if somebody doesn’t fix it soon. If I have to watch another season where a Forest player is injured for 2 minutes of the 3 added on and the ref still blows on 92.55, I swear it’s gonna make me pack it all in. Then the next day Arsenal get 52 minutes added because Jesus needs a concussion check in the 2nd minute.

I would estimate the timekeeping completely ruins about a quarter of the games I watch. Because one team is either rolling around playing for time, or the ref puts some absurd made up number on the board.

Please, for the love of god, fix it.

Of course I know the reason they won’t is it allows them to manipulate the “excitement levels” to their desire. But I’m so fucking sick of it.

Not anytime soon I’m afraid.

After their meeting in January, IFAB said:

“The idea of the countdown clock had been proposed in 2017 but has been ruled against, while FIFA's new guidelines will reportedly suggest competitions follow the approach to added time shown in the Qatar World Cup.”

We are the best league in the world , why the fuck are we ruining the game with var , it is too clincal , getting everything down to toenail offside is bullshit , football fans dont want that , add to that they change the rules several times a season making it unfair on all twenty teams and the outcome of title winners and relegation hinges on fuckwit officials who are not up to the job

We are on the end of every harsh decision , many pens not given, admissions they got them wrong , saying rodders dived , the head of var saying our player who was body slammed was diving . Disgraceful bollocks , i hate it

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.