VAR Technology is on its way

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cyberblue, 8 Nov 2017.

1. shemnel

shemnel

aye that's what they did in that friendly. France scored and the crowd went wild but it went to VAR and everyone sort of stood around with hands on hips. The goal got chalked off and the crowd were a bit miffed.

funnily enough, there was also a goal disallowed for offside that was then awarded by VAR. the crowd sort of went "yay" but it was a really muted response to a goal.

VAR wont remove all doubt, there'll still be room for subjectivity as their is in rugby and cricket

2. 01282

That was evident the other week when a Juve shot hit an Atalanta player on the shoulder and it went to VAR and the ref still awarded a penalty!! If ever you wanted evidence that Juve get all the decisions then summed it up.

3. argyle

argyle

If there is a contentious issue then the game stops anyway.

4. Kompany Car

Kompany Car

Mongolian Throat Singer
    Just don’t get why they don’t start with offside first. The tech for tracking players positions is already well developed and the rule is pretty black and white so it should be possible to automate it. That may then allow the “referees assistants” to actually assist.

5. Jordie

Jordie

Yes but only for seconds mostly not minutes, which will only get longer when the advertisers get hold of it.

6. gwt

gwt

Hope they only use this for goals, penalties, and red cards. Don't need them to be reviewing and stopping matches for ever call.

7. Seasideblue

Seasideblue

8. davymcfc

davymcfc

At first I was right behind the idea. Having seen it being used at the confederations cup and in Serie A I can safely say that I do not want it in its current form. Maybe for offsides, goal line technology etc but no other decisions.

9. Bill

Bill

old fuddy duddy who can't work this shit yet.
    Unless they show it on the big screen it's a waste if time.

10. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Thought it would be good myself but have similar doubts now.

Forget about the ref what if the video observer has a bias and pulls the game back to reverse a previous good decision by the ref..
    As you say if enough commercial bias is there it gives a second opportunity for their personal choice to be shall we say rewarded.