VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Yes, because the constant incorrect decisions the refs make, the constant allegations that the refs cheat and the overall abuse to the ref is working really well. Fuck giving them any help whilst 22 players are constantly play acting, cheating and diving whilst 40,000 fans are appealing for every decision.

Let’s just leave it to the ref.

Refs have always got things wrong, it's part of the game. Allegations of cheating are simply that, allegations. The same people that believe refs are bent will now have TWO refs to aim their usually idiotic thoughts at.

Now you've touched on something with abuse of officials by players. There are already rules to stop players doing it, they are just very rarely enforced (Wigan on Monday being a good example). I'd also add to them and stop players from surrounding refs, charging toward them or questioning his or the linesmans decisions (there's a captain for that).

Another sensible rule change would be - and i think you'll like this one- to allow reviews after the game for things the ref saw on the pitch and acted on. Hand out a few bans for diving and they#ll soon stop.

VAR will not stop the things you mention, in fact it will make some of them worse. I've already seen a player giving the ref the TV signal to try and get a decision overturned.

And in response your sarcy opening sentence, well actually yes, it's working extremely well. Just ask the clubs, TV, and millions of viewers around the world that have made the prem a global success.

Apparently if there is a VAR decision to made on Sunday the screens will inform people (Not a replay...yet), now this would be OK at Wembley, Etihad and various other places but old stadiums ie. Sold Trafford would have to devise some way of being able to show it to all fans... very interesting as I don't think the swamp in its current structure would be able to do this without restricting many fans with screens.

Apparently if there is a VAR decision to made on Sunday the screens will inform people (Not a replay...yet), now this would be OK at Wembley, Etihad and various other places but old stadiums ie. Sold Trafford would have to devise some way of being able to show it to all fans... very interesting as I don't think the swamp in its current structure would be able to do this without restricting many fans with screens.

In that case i won't bother going. I'll just sit at home and watch it on me own telly.

If we have three goals chalked off because they should be then that’s fine.

I just want the correct decisions and not wank refs ruining games for us.
I agree,i just want a level playing field,this ref did overuse it when he had a go with it before,hope he doesn't decide to rely on his eyes too much instead

The biggest problem with VAR is the fact that the rules of the game are so imprecise where fouls are concerned. It's why you get so many experts disagreeing even when they see the same incident ten times, in slow motion, from five different angles. VAR is like an extremely precise ruler being used to measure a piece of wood, but no one knows how long it should be.

Imagine trying to program a computer to recognize a foul - as written now, you'd have no chance. The only way VAR will really work on most fouls is to figure out what the f*ck a foul is, and rewrite the laws to reflect this. Then when VAR shows exactly what happened, we'll all agree if it's a foul or not.

Btw, I still think it's worthwhile for fouls, even if it only clears up the 5% that are really obvious.

The biggest problem with VAR is the fact that the rules of the game are so imprecise where fouls are concerned. It's why you get so many experts disagreeing even when they see the same incident ten times, in slow motion, from five different angles. VAR is like an extremely precise ruler being used to measure a piece of wood, but no one knows how long it should be.

Imagine trying to program a computer to recognize a foul - as written now, you'd have no chance. The only way VAR will really work on most fouls is to figure out what the f*ck a foul is, and rewrite the laws to reflect this. Then when VAR shows exactly what happened, we'll all agree if it's a foul or not.

Btw, I still think it's worthwhile for fouls, even if it only clears up the 5% that are really obvious.
Even if it only works for off side then that’s the main thing. That’s not subjective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.