VAR (PL introduction 2019)

If, as looks likely, VAR gets the heave-ho from the PL, then Mike Riley will have a big smile on his corrupt face. His refs have deliberately fucked it up by ignoring the rules that were put in place for its use and making it look like a farce. It's an utter disgrace and he ought to be given his marching orders but won't be.
Absolutely brilliant news if true. The sooner it gets binned the better. Fucking great news.

If, as looks likely, VAR gets the heave-ho from the PL, then Mike Riley will have a big smile on his corrupt face. His refs have deliberately fucked it up by ignoring the rules that were put in place for its use and making it look like a farce. It's an utter disgrace and he ought to be given his marching orders but won't be.
Doubt it will be approved for next season but surely it's a matter of time

Well we have had a form of v.a.r. for years as regards to violent conduct etc, & we have been generally shafted over by it, wheras Utd etc have constantly been favoured by it, almost to the level of comedy, as we saw recently with Lukaku, who seemed to be actually trying to get banned, but couldn't quite manage it.

The way it works traditionally is not that Utd, Liverpool etc get favourable decisions in every game, they get them occasionally & even get one or two against them.

Then we come to a huge moment which can turn the season, in a massive game, & suddenly, poor old Utd or Liverpool, who have had several bad decisions go against them whilst tonking Cardiff 5-1 or Stoke 4-0, suddenly get away with a last minute handball which gets them 3 points or are given a last min pen or get away with what should have been a red card, or all 3.

The refs don't necessarily give them everything, they give them the big ones, when they need them. Most of the decisions they get, are then discussed by pundits afterwards & usually at least half the pundits will say it's a fair decision, even when it obviously isn't. Graeme Poll, has called several Utd ones wrongly, with v.a.r. already this season. Just as he used to give them the same ones, when he was a ref. At half time or full time, he's changed his mind. Too late.

Bobby ****ly, quite obviously got advice in his ear, telling him he could get away with sending off Kyle Walker, as has Taylor, twice now, when he's shit on us.

Most of these decisions would not be overturned. There is an 'argument' they can be called correct, so most will be. What can happen, is that in a title decider v Utd, & ref can give a foul against Aguero, for that nudge, we saw v Arsenal. Wenger has already started, applying the pressure on the v.a.r. ref, just as Mourinho will do if a big one costs him.

If v.ar. could be instantly applied, with no collaberation from the onfield ref, & guaranteed fair, I would have no problem with it.

When I think of a Clattenburg, Poll, Webb, Mike Riley, George Courtney, Chris Foy, sat in a box somewhere, looking for ways of disallowing our 85th min winner v Utd or Liverpool, it scares the shit out of me.

As I said all this hypothetical stuff is not worth talking about. Deal in facts, and they are it's been applied fairly when it's come to us and the Rags so far. Last weeks cup final would have been a great opportunity to abuse it with us, but it didn't happen. And where VAR wasn't used, we got shafted at Cardiff, while united as per got an incorrect offside decision to cancel out Chelsea's goal last weekend.

Anyway, it's been approved I've seen this afternoon so time will tell who's right.....

Waiting 30 seconds to find out the good news is far too detrimental apparently.

I've seen the time thing mentioned a few times, and to be fair there's been a few instances in the trial where they have cocked it right up and took far too long to make a decision. Not sure it isn't deliberate, but that's another conversation.

Anyway, in the study of 1000 games, on average the time lost to VAR was 90 seconds per match. When you factor in the time lost for throw ins per match was 7 minutes, I don't see that as an issue at all.

I've seen the time thing mentioned a few times, and to be fair there's been a few instances in the trial where they have cocked it right up and took far too long to make a decision. Not sure it isn't deliberate, but that's another conversation.

Anyway, in the study of 1000 games, on average the time lost to VAR was 90 seconds per match. When you factor in the time lost for throw ins per match was 7 minutes, I don't see that as an issue at all.
Yep. I think some people are a bit too stuck in their ways. Obviously VAR as it's currently being used needs working on, but people need to realise these things need time to develop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.