VAR (PL introduction 2019)

But binning it just gives the mafia at the FA, the PL and PGMOL free rein to bugger up games. If it reduces their malign and malicious influence by 50%, it'd be worth it.

Hear, hear, PB. We've been saying all season in 323 that we need to have matches sorted out well before we get to the wire so that refs can't do us with their versions of the Laws of the Game. Yellow cards instead of red, booked for diving when it's a stoner, pens when players should be booked for diving. The game has been driven into the ground by the shittiest bunch of referees I have ever seen. There's a chance to improve things, and I can't believe that a section of football fans would want to maintain the status quo!

Yep. I think some people are a bit too stuck in their ways. Obviously VAR as it's currently being used needs working on, but people need to realise these things need time to develop.

Of those 1000 games in the trial, they've got 99% of decision right... Still needs refinement as you say, specifically in where VAR should and shouldn't be used. However, it's a step in the right direction on terms of getting many more decisions right

Last edited:
But binning it just gives the mafia at the FA, the PL and PGMOL free rein to bugger up games. If it reduces their malign and malicious influence by 50%, it'd be worth it.
I just don't get the "mafia" bit PB. You're not alone in thinking we're unduly treated by refs in an unfair manner. I think it's bollocks. We've had as many decisions go for as against. Just like every other club. And I mean, every single club. VAR is a nonsense. It kills the game. Stone dead. This talk that it will ensure every decision is the correct one is rubbish. And it belies the fact that this game, this wonderful game with all its faults, has been a wonderful thing for over a century. Without VAR. VAR would not and will not make the game any better. Quite the opposite.

Hear, hear, PB. We've been saying all season in 323 that we need to have matches sorted out well before we get to the wire so that refs can't do us with their versions of the Laws of the Game. Yellow cards instead of red, booked for diving when it's a stoner, pens when players should be booked for diving. The game has been driven into the ground by the shittiest bunch of referees I have ever seen. There's a chance to improve things, and I can't believe that a section of football fans would want to maintain the status quo!
The game's been driven into the ground? Aye, that'll explain the record attendances in all leagues year on year for the last decade. If you want to watch a match with video reffing, go and buy FIFA18. Leave the real thing to those that know what football's about - mistakes included.

Yep. I think some people are a bit too stuck in their ways. Obviously VAR as it's currently being used needs working on, but people need to realise these things need time to develop.

Take away social media and the hoo ha wouldn’t seem half as much

In that case everyone should accept the officials decisions and not challenge it.
Yep. Just like the last 130 years. There's a reason VAR's been called shite by managers, players and fans alike. I'll give you a clue: it's because...it....is....SHITE!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.