VAR (PL introduction 2019)

VAR is absolutely the way forward, it just isn’t being implemented well at the moment.

All decisions don’t need looked at, only the big game-changing decisions. A limit per half wouldn’t be a bad idea either, in my opinion.

The referees being mic’ed up is the obvious next step to keep the crowd in the loop, personally I’d be amazed if that happens.

The game's been driven into the ground? Aye, that'll explain the record attendances in all leagues year on year for the last decade. If you want to watch a match with video reffing, go and buy FIFA18. Leave the real thing to those that know what football's about - mistakes included.

CL Final and the ref awards a penalty for a foul outside the area, that might or might not have been a foul. If this is the way football fans want the game to go, when something can be done to eradicate the mistakes, then they can keep it.

its just the speed and keeping the crowd in the loop that's the problem.mike the refs and tell them not to rely on the var to ref for them.too many are using it as a crutch instead of backing there own judgements.they should use the cricket version of having two challenges and you lose them if its a failed challenge that way most teams would try and be sure theres a real chance of a decision being changed rather than appealing for everything

I just don't get the "mafia" bit PB. You're not alone in thinking we're unduly treated by refs in an unfair manner. I think it's bollocks. We've had as many decisions go for as against. Just like every other club. And I mean, every single club. VAR is a nonsense. It kills the game. Stone dead. This talk that it will ensure every decision is the correct one is rubbish. And it belies the fact that this game, this wonderful game with all its faults, has been a wonderful thing for over a century. Without VAR. VAR would not and will not make the game any better. Quite the opposite.

I really struggle if you've watched our games this season, how youve come to the conclusion we've had as many decisions go for us as against us. pundits who hate us have admitted the decisions on the 10 or 11 leg breaking tackles alone this year have been a disgrace. None of those have resulted in a red, several didn't even get yellows. Yet we had Sterling sent off for celebrating a goal and Walker sent off for god knows what reason! The volume that has gone against us is staggering. Even the Delph's sending off, which was possibly correct was the least worse of all those tackles (he got to ball and didn't catch the defender with studs, unlike all of those against us). And this isn't sour grapes as we've lost games, we're having the season of our lives despite it all.

No one has said VAR will get everything correct. But in the study of 1000 games, 99% of decisions VAR looked at, got them correct. It massively levels the playing field over the current disgraceful/bent refereeing levels. The game has been wonderful for over a century, but it has never stood still. Loads have things have changed in that time. I also disagree it won't make the game better. It will make it much fairer and that is a significant improvement on where we are today if implemented correctly. That's a massive improvement.

The game's been driven into the ground? Aye, that'll explain the record attendances in all leagues year on year for the last decade. If you want to watch a match with video reffing, go and buy FIFA18. Leave the real thing to those that know what football's about - mistakes included.

Each to their own, I'd rather walk away from a match knowing the end result, win, lose or draw was a fair outcome of what went on. If that involves VAR helping to facilitate, then so be it.

1 of them on Sunday supplement just said about the goal against QPR saying had VAR been used De Jongs foul on Mackie could have ruined the moment or something like that.

Just watch goal De Jong nowhere near anybody.

The amount of shite so called expert pundits and press have talked about it, is staggering. The masses take it in though!!

Ball over the line
Penalty incidents
Bad tackles
Offside goals

If every goal is reviewed, how far back do you go?

Say the opposition have a corner. We defend it and Walker nicks the ball off an opponent with a strong challenge. Play continues and we pass it up to the edge of their box. De Bruyne smashes one in the top corner but it is ruled out as Walkers challenge 2 minutes ago was proved to be a foul.

They need to limit the uses of it. It's there to HELP the referee not take over his job.

The whole point regarding var is that it tries to rectify important mistakes made by referees.
Some suggest we are the victims of deliberate mistakes so if so these are reduced great. Others that mistakes are genuine in which case the bad refs will be revealed.

More time that var uses highlights the event for us all so this lets the wider viewing public be judges as well so the var ref is unlikely to misapply his authority.

However if we collectively value the game continuity over correctness then so be it.

I agree with you 1000000% on your first paragraph. That's why I can't fathom out why you won't give VAR a chance. It's surely got to be better than the old system, it can't be any worse No? As you've pointed out about the old one, it's screwed us over for years. So why not give VAR a chance to see if it's an improvement. Doesn't make any sense to me.

You may well have some valid points on the concerns with it, but as per previous replys, united had one disallowed for a knee cap being offside recently, where they could easily have been favoured and were not. we had 2 against Arsenal, which if they were set to shaft us they could easily have done, but didn't. It's much harder under VAR to get some of the scandalous decisions that the old system gave us. Which you so rightly pointed out.

I've given you three actual examples above where VAR was used and it gave the correct decisions, where it could have been abused but wasn't. If you do the same with actual examples where it's abused us/favoured the rags then it's a discussion worth having. What ifs and maybes however are not. That's just hyperbole.

It will never be perfect but it will level the playing field considerably over the existing fiasco.... that's why the FA have introduced it in such a shite fashion as they want public opinion against it. VAR will level the playing field for the Rags (yet another goal wrongly disallowed against them last weekend, no VAR in operation). I just can't work out why any blue wouldn't want to give it a fair crack of the whip, as it will only ever benefit us compared to the existing state of play in the long run

I'll help you with that.
Not all Blues think the officials carry out an orchestrated campaign of bad decisions against us. Nor do they think the rags get favourable treatment from officials.
And your 'public opinion' conspiracy theory is up there with bigfoot and faked moon landings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.