VAR (PL introduction 2019)

There will always be mistakes whether technological or not.

But for me it's simple, down to the Ref to check with the VAR not the other way around.
If the Ref thinks someone dived for a penalty but not 100% sure he should blow whistle, another ref on the VAR gives he's verdict and then it's up to the ref.

Won't always get it right but I welcome that.

VAR takes referee manipulation out of the game. Of course PiGMOL want to get it or have full control of it.

The officials confused themselves completely during the confeds cup,3 of them working the system was at least 1 too many,still they made some correct decisions and it worked perfectly in the france v spain game before that so we know it can be done,it's going to have teething probs but the amount of decisions we get again us will decrease over time

Without sounding too scornful about this, anyone who watches the recent failings on VAR and blames it on the system is a backwards thinking tool. If people can't see that what's not working is the continued incompetence of referees then they need their heads checking.
it's not difficult to get right, they just want to make it bollocks so they can ditch it and pretend it doesn't work.

Ref should have sent it upstairs when the foul happened. Just give the penalty and go "is there any reason I can't give it", and you can only go back the 10/20 seconds.

When it comes here they'll make a farce of it and then go back to screwing us over in the big games as usual.
So when the the initial foul happened what would happen? the ref stops the game straight away? but then if it wasnt a penalty Feyenoord wouldnt have scored that goal.

I just cannot see video technology working in football in a way in which it would not impede the flow of the game.

Also people fail to forget that even after a hundred replays people still cant agree on a decision e.g that Arsenal offside over the weekend.

Remember the panic when goalies couldn't pickup the back-pass? Peoples' minds may explode for a while and all sort of stupidity occur but then it'll settle.
That was simple rule change. Video technology is completely different could completely change the nature of the game.

Last edited:
So when the the initial foul happened what would happen? the ref stops the game straight away? but then if it wasnt a penalty Feyenoord wouldnt have scored that goal.

I just cannot see video technology working in football in a way in which it would not impede the flow of the game.

Also people fail to forget that even after a hundred replays people still cant agree on a decision e.g that Arsenal offside over the weekend.

That was offside though, clearly. Not by much, but it was.

That was offside though, clearly. Not by much, but it was.
Seen many pundits who disagree......

Either way so many decisions are not a clear cut. Video technology wont solve anything apart from possibly making the game slower and ruining the excitement.

Like what would you change about the refs actions in the video above?

Seen many pundits who disagree......

Either way so many decisions are not a clear cut. Video technology wont solve anything apart from possibly making the game slower and ruining the excitement.

Like what would you change about the refs actions in the video above?

he blows for the penalty and reviews it if unsure, Feyenoord only scored through his original mistake so shouldn't be allowed

I don't see an issue if clearly defined and consistent, they're just refusing to implement it properly for obvious reasons

he blows for the penalty and reviews it if unsure, Feyenoord only scored through his original mistake so shouldn't be allowed

I don't see an issue if clearly defined and consistent, they're just refusing to implement it properly for obvious reasons
Im really struggling to see your argument.

In a different scenario if it actually wasnt a penalty and the ref stops it and reviews it like you want then Feyenoord wouldnt have been able to score that goal.

Im really struggling to see your argument.

In a different scenario if it actually wasnt a penalty and the ref stops it and reviews it like you want then Feyenoord wouldnt have been able to score that goal.

fine, because they shouldn't have been allowed to score the goal.

the referee either gives the penalty and reviews, or says no but then when Feyenoord score they can't go back that far to review it. that's the sensible solution

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.