VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Why does the ref have to stop the game himself to check it?
Surely the 4th official can view it and tell him the right decision through his earpiece, stopping the game for 2 min is total bollocks, it's totally needless.

Why does the ref have to stop the game himself to check it?
Surely the 4th official can view it and tell him the right decision through his earpiece, stopping the game for 2 min is total bollocks, it's totally needless.

what if when the 4th official is reviewing the incident the game carry's on and there is another goal ?

The game carries on now doesn't it?
There has to be a better way than the ref stopping the game and going pitchside ??
There's already a 5th official off pitch viewing the footage, so no real need for the referee to physically move to a screen.

The referee has the final say no matter what VAR says, thats the rule on this, I'm
Not in favour of it, all we need is impartial better trained refs helped out by the other officials instead of being spineless ****s and pretending not to see things that stevie wonder would clock... !

Not in favour of it, all we need is impartial better trained refs helped out by the other officials
That's exactly what this is mate, another official with the ability to see angles and events the referee can't and help them out. As for impartial and better trained surely you'd agree that the less excuses they have the more they can be held to account?

That's exactly what this is mate, another official with the ability to see angles and events the referee can't and help them out. As for impartial and better trained surely you'd agree that the less excuses they have the more they can be held to account.

No mate I don't agree, the trial in the bundesleague has been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish.. I don't want football to be like some other sports with endless video reviews to come to a decision, football
Isn't geared up for it at all... It will detract from the game in my opinion, i hear what you are saying but it's not something I want in the game...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.