VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Because it doesn't work until the ball goes out, you just know there is going to be a time when there is a penalty shout at one end which is to be reviewed then the ball will go straight up the other end and be a goal for the other team. So when fans and players think they are 1-0 up, it is really still 0-0 and you have to face a penalty.

Will be times too when something is given by VAR that is still contentious.

Think there will be just as much controversy with it in place.

I still don't know why people quote 'what if' scenarios as these will be removed or improved as time goes by it isn't a reason to not implement VAR

There are a lot of positives

One thing that worries me is in the Chelsea game the ref signalled for a replay.

It took a while for the ball to go out and then probably another minute to review it when the ball went out

Presumably the VAR ref was checking the replay soon as it was signalled

Could see a lot of added time for reviews

One thing that worries me is in the Chelsea game the ref signalled for a replay.

It took a while for the ball to go out and then probably another minute to review it when the ball went out

Yes they should probably stop the game for penalty decisions only.

Because it doesn't work until the ball goes out, you just know there is going to be a time when there is a penalty shout at one end which is to be reviewed then the ball will go straight up the other end and be a goal for the other team. So when fans and players think they are 1-0 up, it is really still 0-0 and you have to face a penalty.

Will be times too when something is given by VAR that is still contentious.

Think there will be just as much controversy with it in place.
^^^ I think people bringing up this scenario have forgotten that we were done in exactly this fashion against Spurs last season by a corrupt referee. With VAR, the ref would have just given that penalty.

Good. We only get around 55-60minutes of ball in play at the moment so why not give us a few more minutes at the end.

A lot of teams take 40-60seconds over every goal kick and free kick, 10-30seconds over throw ins... I can wait a minute for a VAR decision as well, st least I know something right will come of it because nothing right comes from time wasting.

First VAR goal given tonight - flagged offside, it was very tight. Ref checked VAR and goal given. How can anyone be against this ?

First VAR goal given tonight - flagged offside, it was very tight. Ref checked VAR and goal given. How can anyone be against this ?

because.... erm.... you know .......it won't work.......erm..... it would cause confusion......erm.......it slows the game down.......erm what if the ball goes out of play 10 minutes after the incident...... erm.... it doesn't work in the Bundesliga......erm....

actually there is no excuse to not bring it in. It's already cleared up several things or several matches that might or might not have been given with a 100% record and the best thing about it is will only get better and better. Roll it out already

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.