VAR (PL introduction 2019)

First VAR goal given tonight - flagged offside, it was very tight. Ref checked VAR and goal given. How can anyone be against this ?

I'm a huge fan of VAR, still am and probably always will be due to the shockingly inept referees that have been ruining football, but that goal looked dodgy as fuck to me.

TELEMMGLPICT000151485433_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqmLgJNm7MhjXZ7o6So8nVqYiWwtef9-us00sirsgLwog.jpeg

Look how the lines are drawn on the pitch, they're not parallel at all. If the yellow line is the same as the blue line that runs parallel to the 18 yard box, Iheanacho's knee and therefore Iheanacho is offside. Couple it with the fact that they got a disgraceful 98th minute penalty against us in the League Cup (after an unprecedented 8 minutes of added time) plus no retrospective punishment for Gray, it's clear to me that they've got someone inside the FA masterminding these decisions.

I don't know if the FA will use it the same as in Italy but there it sucks and many hates it. And personally I think VAR is great for offside calls and clear dives/foul goals but the problem will be situations when it's 50/50. Then you'll just get extra mad at the ref and it will slow the game down a lot.

Iheanacho looks offside to me (his palm and knee). How is this the right decision ? Is it because of the benefit of the doubt given to attacking player ?

Edit : Sorry! That pic by 'Fame Monster' is not taken at the correct moment. The pass was already made. Checked daily mail and it's the right decision. :)

from what i have seen the main problem in Europe with VAR is the time it takes to make a decision , the main problem in England will be the people ruining the system , it will be the same people who could not decide whether Zaha dived or fell over, or Lukaku meant to kick out or was it accidental

It may have been covered previously but surely now in a match covered by VAR a player carrying on and scoring after the ref has blown his whistle can no longer be booked for time wasting - he will say he was scoring just in case VAR later proved he wasn't off-side.

This is shit. Do teams just play on even if offside flag goes up. Do they play on and try and score in the hope the call was wrong? If decision turns out correct is time added on for the time played on as well as that for VAR? How long can they play on for before the ref decides to pull play back?
Last night was straight forward. Most situations will not be. A crock of shit open to abuse/fraud.

I'm a huge fan of VAR, still am and probably always will be due to the shockingly inept referees that have been ruining football, but that goal looked dodgy as fuck to me.

TELEMMGLPICT000151485433_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqmLgJNm7MhjXZ7o6So8nVqYiWwtef9-us00sirsgLwog.jpeg

Look how the lines are drawn on the pitch, they're not parallel at all. If the yellow line is the same as the blue line that runs parallel to the 18 yard box, Iheanacho's knee and therefore Iheanacho is offside. Couple it with the fact that they got a disgraceful 98th minute penalty against us in the League Cup (after an unprecedented 8 minutes of added time) plus no retrospective punishment for Gray, it's clear to me that they've got someone inside the FA masterminding these decisions.
Were you joking or pissed when you wrote the bit on bold?

Iheanacho looks offside to me (his palm and knee). How is this the right decision ? Is it because of the benefit of the doubt given to attacking player ?

Edit : Sorry! That pic by 'Fame Monster' is not taken at the correct moment. The pass was already made. Checked daily mail and it's the right decision. :)
His Palm can’t be offside anyway.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.