VAR (PL introduction 2019)

VAR wich is short for video asssisted referee system .or somet like that.I t going to be trialled in the Uk for the England and Germany game at Wembley then inncertain FA cup games next season .I f it a success what the fu*k is the likes of all the moaning managers and pundits going to talk about .They might even have to agree that Sterling is not a diver but Ashley Young is.The bonus is City should start getting loads more penalties watch this space.

It depends how they use it. To get correct decisions or to fix games. My money is on the later.

Surely that means we all start on an even keel and all referees will be more in tune with eachother and read from the same hymn sheet?
Believe it when I see it mate.

Think it will only be used to change a decision where the result is an absolute. Was he offside, did he punch it in the net. Not sure shirt pulling in the area should be in this bit either. Be very interesting if they change decisions where subjective judgement (refs opinion) is used. There are still lots of issues with it. i.e. when do you use it? At who's request?

VAR wich is short for video asssisted referee system .or somet like that.I t going to be trialled in the Uk for the England and Germany game at Wembley then inncertain FA cup games next season .I f it a success what the fu*k is the likes of all the moaning managers and pundits going to talk about .They might even have to agree that Sterling is not a diver but Ashley Young is.The bonus is City should start getting loads more penalties watch this space.

I had originally been all for it, but post Calvert-Lewin dawned the realisation that it will just constitute an additional tier of bias to the management of games, as the man in front of the screen will be under the same pressures as the referee is now, in terms of which teams have the most clout and will use their friends in the media to make the most fuss if punished. If Kyle Walker wafts an arm anywhere near an opponent, the expectation will be that the full draconian letter of the law will be applied. If Hair Bear does it, discretion will be exercised. In short the VAR system will be whatever the FA wants it to be. Just think of an X Factor 'sing off'. If the contestant Cowell wants to go through sings well, the criteria will be who has sung best on the night, but if the contestant Cowell wants to go through sings badly, he'll change the criteria to who has the greater overall potential. I have no confidence that it'll be anything other than a total farce

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.