Veganism

Oh I dunno

soylentdoritos.jpgc200.jpeg

hahah at first glance i thought that said 'solvent green'

There is no 'harm free' existence. I don't think most vegans pretend otherwise. Veganism: "Is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

At the heart of one's ethics should be consistency. Why treat or knowingly promote the exploitation of a thing with no real justification for doing so?

The justification for me is in nature. I live in the world, I'm not a passenger on it. Veganism is an artificial ideal that's only possible in a food net Western economy. That said, I respect conscious living and vegans are thoughtful at least.

The justification for me is in nature. I live in the world, I'm not a passenger on it. Veganism is an artificial ideal that's only possible in a food net Western economy. That said, I respect conscious living and vegans are thoughtful at least.

I look at veganism as philosophical position (and that is what it is usually described as) Appeal to nature is a fallacy. We are of nature of course, what isn't? But it isn't an excuse. We do our 'can't give a shit' stuff, but there is a logic to veganism that is undeniable.

I look at veganism as philosophical position (and that is what it is usually described as) Appeal to nature is a fallacy. We are of nature of course, what isn't? But it isn't an excuse. We do our 'can't give a shit' stuff, but there is a logic to veganism that is undeniable.

There's a logic to killing all Mexican people called Bob aswell, but that doesn't mean the logic isn't flawed or stupid.

They have a choice and opinion. That is where it should end

Philosophically at its basic level is an animals only purpose on earth is too provide food for other animals ? It's not called a food chain for nothing, as for the logic to veganism ? Are you denyig the logic of evolution ?

Philosophically at its basic level is an animals only purpose on earth is too provide food for other animals ? It's not called a food chain for nothing, as for the logic to veganism ? Are you denyig the logic of evolution ?

Purpose is a tricky word. To what end are all these 'sacrifices' made? But, ok, let's go with the the circle-of-life stuff. How does this enter the realms of ethics? Are you saying that because this is the way of things, that it must be right/good?

I watched big cats on the bbc the other night, the lions killed a giraffe, why , because they were hungry.

Bastards.

We as a species do the same, and once we started eating meat and absorbing the likes of B12 growing our brains and nervous systems and becoming more inteligent beings who can reason and build, we evolved, unfortunately to a point of stupidity where we think we know better than nature.

Yes meat releases chemical opiods to our sytem and is like a drug, a drug that was part of us becoming what we are.

tbf maybe we were better as another member of the animal kingdom and eating fruit and nuts and not destroying everything in our path.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.