Veganism

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Puddings are a force for good.

People tend to laugh at this, and I don't really see what's funny.

I feel like once you know the facts of your existence, you are logically obligated to not eat meat or dairy/perpetuate suffering you know is happening. In basically the same way you wouldn't yourself want to be farmed, tortured, live a miserable life, and have a miserable death. Vegans cause less harm, that's just how it is.

Life arose in a cesspit billions of years ago and has been evolving ever since with no intelligence or any compassion for sentient life whatsoever. Life is imposed, so you have no choice in playing the game, you just suddenly arrive on planet Earth. We grow up seeing nature at work, and some people think it's beautiful, which is strange because we all know the miseries that happen to sentient creatures every second. Most of which we can nothing about, but the bit we can do something about though (because we're smart) is the harm that we cause.

I am utterly ashamed when I think of all the meat I've eaten and how unquestioning and selfish I was. In what world, when there is plenty of stuff to eat, (and no, I am not having it that a lettuce has the capacity to feel pain like animal does) does it make any sense to exploit others?

Would beings more intelligent than ourselves cause needless suffering? I don't think so.

Can someone rationally justify themselves eating meat? Or are you forced to admit that you are just an ignorant/selfish person?
Are you the same tangerine guy that used to write those 'jokes'. If so, this explains a lot

Well, if I am I am not intending to. I just think, if you have the information, the facts, and you keep on eating meat/dairy, then you are indeed selfish in that aspect. I suppose I should qualify, we are selfish by nature and it's very hard not to be selfish. I wasn't making it personal. There are obviously meat eaters who are wonderful people and yet are ignorant and deluded. To weigh the pain of the animals you've paid to be slaughtered against how yummy it is, is pretty silly.

Seriously mate, what would you do if scientists suddenly announced they had made a breakthrough and could not only prove plants felt pain but could also communicate with them on a basic level?

Seriously mate, what would you do if scientists suddenly announced they had made a breakthrough and could not only prove plants felt pain but could also communicate with them on a basic level?

I've thought about scenarios like that, but further, let's say matter itself feels pain. Now all of a sudden we arrive on Earth and with every motion you make you are stealing something else's comfort to satisfy your own. That would be the worst thing I could think of. Thankfully I think we know enough to know that isn't likely to happen. There are stimuli and 'reflexes' but it can't be considered the feeling of pain.

The only worthwhile thing going on in the whole universe (that we know of) is sentient life. All that bollocks in space is nothing compared to the complexity we have here, and being objective, it is a disgrace, but hey, no need to change anything or think about it.

tumblr_lol324pljl1qf5do9o1_400.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.