Vermilion City Hospitality UPDATED

Dodge

Thought I'd treat my old fella to Hospitality for the Liverpool game for his birthday. Asked the club what's available and had a choice of Connel Club for £480 each or Vermilion for £180 each. As I'm not a millionaire I decided on the latter, naively thinking this maybe some swanky new restaurant at the ground...

Received tickets today and it turns out that this is OFFSITE hospitality, not at the stadium. Basically, have a meal, make your own way to the ground and sit in a cheap seat. So, in effect, no MCFC "experience" which is what I wanted for the old boy.

The hospitality brochure is very misleading i.e. "includes venue parking", which is in fact at the restaurant, not the ground.

In short, I've been had over. If I wanted a pre-match Curry I'd have gone down The Mile.

Anyone been to Vermilion and is the meal worth the fcukin extra £150.00 the club have fleeced me for?? Anyone experienced this "package" before?

Ta.

Re: Vermilion City Hospitality

Dodge said:
Thought I'd treat my old fella to Hospitality for the Liverpool game for his birthday. Asked the club what's available and had a choice of Connel Club for £480 each or Vermilion for £180 each. As I'm not a millionaire I decided on the latter, naively thinking this maybe some swanky new restaurant at the ground...

Received tickets today and it turns out that this is OFFSITE hospitality, not at the stadium. Basically, have a meal, make your own way to the ground and sit in a cheap seat. So, in effect, no MCFC "experience" which is what I wanted for the old boy.

The hospitality brochure is very misleading i.e. "includes venue parking", which is in fact at the restaurant, not the ground.

In short, I've been had over. If I wanted a pre-match Curry I'd have gone down The Mile.

Anyone been to Vermilion and is the meal worth the fcukin extra £150.00 the club have fleeced me for?? Anyone experienced this "package" before?

Ta.

A client of mine took me to this before the derby game in 2010 (think it was the 0 - 0)

Food was excellent but probably not worth the extra outlay to be honest. The tickets were in the corner sections so the view was pretty good.

To be fair to City they quite clearly stated it was off site at Vermillion before he paid as all in house hospitality was full. Have you checked what they sent you?

If you're not happy why not try and transfer it to another game?

de niro said:

Possibly but when we went they quite clearly spelled it out that it was off site and not in house. They certainly didn't try and sell it any other way and it was always stated the meal was at Vermillion. At no point did they try and suggest otherwise

Its my 18th on the 4th Feb so my dad was going to book a meal etc for the Liverpool match. He too was given the option of the Vermilion, we looked it up and it gets some very good reviews and some awful ones like most places I guess but in the end we have just decided to go to the match and book a nice restaurant. The whole point of these match day hospitality packages etc I always thought was a meal at the ground and so on but its not always.

CTID101 said:
Its my 18th on the 4th Feb so my dad was going to book a meal etc for the Liverpool match. He too was given the option of the Vermilion, we looked it up and it gets some very good reviews and some awful ones like most places I guess but in the end we have just decided to go to the match and book a nice restaurant. The whole point of these match day hospitality packages etc I always thought was a meal at the ground and so on but its not always.

Best way mate for the price they are charging

There is always empty seats up there and no wonder at that price

GXCity said:
de niro said:

Possibly but when we went they quite clearly spelled it out that it was off site and not in house. They certainly didn't try and sell it any other way and it was always stated the meal was at Vermillion. At no point did they try and suggest otherwise

Tend to agree with de Niro!

The glossy City Hospitality Brochure does NOT make it clear that it's offsite. It's only when the letter arrived with the tickets that it becomes clear. It states that it's at Vermilion Restaurant, but as I'm not an expert on Asian fusion cuisine, I'd never heard of the place. I basically thought that the club had introduced a themed Asian restaurant within the confines of the Etihad.

It states "venue" parking which is very misleading, as I've never heard of a restaurant being described as a venue, whereas the stadium is often called a venue.

Maybe its just me being a bit thick, but surely a club hospitality package should encompass the ground and its facilities, not an independently run restaurant that has got no connection to the club? All I'm basically getting is a curry, MCFC host (whatever the fcuk that is), a programme & a ticket.

£180.00 down the shitter..

x 2!<br /><br />-- Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:09 pm --<br /><br />
ell said:
Should just get a match ticket and sort your own meal at Vermillion

Given my seat up to a mate as I wanted to experience the hospitality with my old man..

The point is I didn't particularly want a fancy meal, just to show my dad the Etihad as he's not been since Maine Road..

Dodge said:
GXCity said:
de niro said:

Tend to agree with de Niro!

The glossy City Hospitality Brochure does NOT make it clear that it's offsite. It's only when the letter arrived with the tickets that it becomes clear. It states that it's at Vermilion Restaurant, but as I'm not an expert on Asian fusion cuisine, I'd never heard of the place. I basically thought that the club had introduced a themed Asian restaurant within the confines of the Etihad.

It states "venue" parking which is very misleading, as I've never heard of a restaurant being described as a venue, whereas the stadium is often called a venue.

Maybe its just me being a bit thick, but surely a club hospitality package should encompass the ground and its facilities, not an independently run restaurant that has got no connection to the club? All I'm basically getting is a curry, MCFC host (whatever the fcuk that is), a programme & a ticket.

£180.00 down the shitter..

x 2!

I am not having a go fella I am just trying to say that the club does state that its at Vermillion. Fair enough if you are not aware what Vermillion is.

Why don't you try and transfer them to another game where you can get in-house hospitality?

Dodge said:
Given my seat up to a mate as I wanted to experience the hospitality with my old man..

The point is I didn't particularly want a fancy meal, just to show my dad the Etihad as he's not been since Maine Road..

why not book the tour for earlier in the day, if thats possible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.